Two Articles From Kirk Bohls - Austin American Statesman

Harry

"I'm hearing Texas will downsize its nonconference basketball schedule but probably keep Michigan State as a regular opponent because Barnes and Tom Izzo are such good friends."

There's a surprise. Texas ducking top-flight competition while they're down. Someone tell me again why us scheduling to win is such a sin. The all-mighty horns are now doing it in BOTH revenue sports.

"I'm hearing Texas will downsize its nonconference basketball schedule but probably keep Michigan State as a regular opponent because Barnes and Tom Izzo are such good friends."

There's a surprise. Texas ducking top-flight competition while they're down. Someone tell me again why us scheduling to win is such a sin. The all-mighty horns are now doing it in BOTH revenue sports.

No issue with scheduling to win in football (for North Texas). Basketball needs a tougher schedule to improve seed in tournament or get an at large bid in the NCAA (the Sun Belt has receive multiple bids in the past).

Link #2 has been my favorite if we go coordinator route.

Texas isn't really all that down in basketball, though.

Bohls also said this about our coaching search:

"Wondering if Texas tight ends coach Bruce Chambers would be interested in the North Texas head coaching vacancy. He’s a crackerjack recruiter, very personable, was a successful high school coach in Dallas and can recruit the state very well."

His only head coaching experience was at Dallas Carter, so that fact would hurt him here in the eyes of most fans. He graduated from NT in 1982, having played for both Hayden Fry and Corky Nelson. He has been UT's recruiting coordinator since 2005.

Bohls also said this about our coaching search:

"Wondering if Texas tight ends coach Bruce Chambers would be interested in the North Texas head coaching vacancy. He’s a crackerjack recruiter, very personable, was a successful high school coach in Dallas and can recruit the state very well."

His only head coaching experience was at Dallas Carter, so that fact would hurt him here in the eyes of most fans. He graduated from NT in 1982, having played for both Hayden Fry and Corky Nelson. He has been UT's recruiting coordinator since 2005.

He has literally no chance at UNT of becoming our HFC.