Unt Eying Sharpshooter

Cooley

GrandGreen, both Norris and Jordan Williams looked GREAT!!! This was my first time seeing Norris. He is a pure point guard that has great playmaking abilities. Makes great decisions and gets his teammates the ball at the right spots. He also has a very nice mid-range jumper to keep his defender honest and finishes breaks well. I also liked his physique at a height of only 5-9. I sat upstairs and was able to see Kyan Anderson (North Crowley) play at the same time. Anderson maybe ranked higher but does not have the playmaking abilities as Norris. Don't get me wrong, would love to get Anderson as well, but they are totally different point guards. On my way out of the IAD, I stopped by the men's room. Norris was at the next sink to me with a UNT T-Shirt on. I told him that he made a great selection in schools and you tell he really appreciated the compliment.

Jordan Williams is the REAL DEAL! November's signing date can't get here soon enough. The kid was a highlight reel all evening. Jarion Henry (6-8 top 10) and Williams compliments each other so well. It was really fun watching these kids having so much fun. Williams is very athletic, quick and versatile. Great 3 point range and can get to the basket at will. Kimball played back to back games and the opponents did not have an answer for Henry or Williams. Jalen Jones (Mansfield Timberview transfer) was not with the team today. I believe he took a visit to UofH this weekend. This Kimball team should be ranked high nationally. Also, Flower Mound Marcus.

Anyway, Williams is clearly the best recruit in the JJ era and Norris the best pure point guard.

Thanks for the update, hope we can get about 6 more like them.

• 3 months later...

I'm gonna try and get another direct defense response from Troy...and without a $10 subscription fee...

37%...ain't a sharpshooter.

Balls in your court, Troy

Sharpshooter's 4 games in the 2011 season :

3/14 (1/11 3pt)

4/14 ( 2/7 3pt)

7/14 (4/8 3pt)

4/20 ( 1/10 3pt)

For those counting that's : 18 / 62 ( 29%) 8 / 36 ( 22%).

Even if he was hitting double that , he's gonna have to start playing defense if he's ever going to see the court here.

Sharpshooter's 4 games in the 2011 season :

3/14 (1/11 3pt)

4/14 ( 2/7 3pt)

7/14 (4/8 3pt)

4/20 ( 1/10 3pt)

For those counting that's : 18 / 62 ( 29%) 8 / 36 ( 22%).

Even if he was hitting double that , he's gonna have to start playing defense if he's ever going to see the court here.

I'll play optimistic devil's advocate by saying he HAS to shoot this much b/c no one else on the roster is as capable a scorer.

He may prove to be a fine role player here, but I am confused in the logic behind offering so early...6'2" combo 6th man JUCOs grow on trees