New Machine On Field Of New Stadium

there appears to be a new machine on the field level...red and black on treads...maybe this is a pile driver or pier drilling machine...perhaps they are going to start the walls for the lower bowl...what do you think guys? what is it?....from a different planet?...R2D2? Danger, danger Will robinson !

They mentioned on one of the videos or photo albums posted on the athletic website that they will be installing pre-fab concrete sections for the lower bowl either this week or next. Probably has something to do with that.

I noticed last Saturday that there were a large number of precast concrete thingies marshaled in a field across Bonnie Brae from the stadium. I couldn't decided where they might be utilized.

I would bet this is the crane that will be used to lift the pre-fab concrete pieces that will be placed on the rackers on the West stands. I would assume that the lower bowl will be poured not pre-fab, but that is just a guess.

I would bet this is the crane that will be used to lift the pre-fab concrete pieces that will be placed on the rackers on the West stands. I would assume that the lower bowl will be poured not pre-fab, but that is just a guess.

You are correct. This quote from an 8/20/10 blog on the meangreensports.com site

"In the next week or so keep an eye out for another crane arriving on the site. Shortly after the crane is ready to go crews will begin to hoist precast concrete onto the west side rakers. "