Injury Could Threaten Title Hopes For Wku

mgsteve

we could end up better in the long run if...and that's a big if sergio comes back healthy. i never know with lower limb injuries in hoops.

we've played a tough schedule to start the season....we've also played like mierda in half the games. this has caused us to play starters too many minutes in my never humble o-pin-ee-yon.

tuesday night against a very good murray squad (and in-state hated rival) k-mac was forced to play the 4 freshmen a lot of minutes because of power serge's and ant sally's injuries. all 4 of them contributed well.

local (to you guys) argyle product caden dickerson hit a big 3 down the stretch to give us some breathing room. if we can weather the storm whilst the memphis mephisto is out we could be pretty good by the end of the year.

k-mac benched cliff dixon for the murray game. he was preseason top 5 juco last year. he has potential but i know for a fact his half brother (kevin durant) has been calling him and wanting to know why his numbers aren't killin'....they ain't killin' cuz he ain't durant but thinks he is. he needs to take on a jeremy evans type role and then expand his game from there.

there is some heat on k-mac around here because of this start. i was amazed what he did with last year's team. i'm hoping he can turn this squad into something good.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Until Vito writes about it; I'll say it. The injury to Dominique Johnson derailed our chances for a championship this season.

When we lost DJ we lost our nearest thing to a true point guard. Dominique had the best assist to turnover ratio, was a .400 shooter from the 3-point line, our second best free throw shooter, led the team in steals last year, and was very fast, giving the opponent's defense more to worry about.

Barring another season-ending injury we'll still be pretty good but not an elite team. It's a shame because Odufuwa has really looked good in his senior season and Josh White is Josh White once again. Thompson may have found his touch. Holmen has had moments in the scoring department but since he's a true freshman he hasn't had very many minutes.

An unhealthy Tramiel has been uneven. We needed him against FIU but he came up 0fer. He's also a senior so we can't make it up next year. With everyone healthy, I believe that we had the talent to be 9-2 thus far rather than 7-4. We could still win the Western Division if Denver fades a little and New Orleans continues to lose ground. But, to win it all? I think that left with DJ's broken ankle.

Until Vito writes about it; I'll say it. The injury to Dominique Johnson derailed our chances for a championship this season.

When we lost DJ we lost our nearest thing to a true point guard. Dominique had the best assist to turnover ratio, was a .400 shooter from the 3-point line, our second best free throw shooter, led the team in steals last year, and was very fast, giving the opponent's defense more to worry about.

Barring another season-ending injury we'll still be pretty good but not an elite team. It's a shame because Odufuwa has really looked good in his senior season and Josh White is Josh White once again. Thompson may have found his touch. Holmen has had moments in the scoring department but since he's a true freshman he hasn't had very many minutes.

An unhealthy Tramiel has been uneven. We needed him against FIU but he came up 0fer. He's also a senior so we can't make it up next year. With everyone healthy, I believe that we had the talent to be 9-2 thus far rather than 7-4. We could still win the Western Division if Denver fades a little and New Orleans continues to lose ground. But, to win it all? I think that left with DJ's broken ankle.

Odufuwa is a junior.

What train rolls to the championship now that we've been derailed? Even without DJ, I still think we're the favorites.

Odufuwa is a junior.

What train rolls to the championship now that we've been derailed? Even without DJ, I still think we're the favorites.

I would think that we still have as good a shot as anyone at winning the west division. However, if Denver can sneak a road conference win here or there, they will be a serious contender. In the east, it seems that South Alabama has a significantly more impressive resume than us at the moment (despite losing to Rice). As for Western Kentucky, their most disappointing game so far would, I imagine, be a one point home loss to an 8-3 Indiana State team.

So, while I'm certainly not conceding anything yet, if I was to rank the entire conference at the present time, I would have to put us third or fourth.

So, while I'm certainly not conceding anything yet, if I was to rank the entire conference at the present time, I would have to put us third or fourth.

Well the RPI's agree with you.

40 WKU

110 Denver

138 USA

167 North Texas

173 Troy

198 ASU

214 UALR

234 ULL

241 FAU

242 ULM

262 FIU