To Cheer Or Not To Cheer

oldguystudent

I'm torn. I will continue going to the games, and I will continue to affiliate myself to UNT. However, there is a certain part of me at this point that wants to see continued embarrassing blowout after embarrassing blowout because it should help accelerate what need be done. If we're competitive, or god forbid, actually win next week, it creates justification to keep this cart with no wheels chugging on down the road. I've been through this scheme of a completely inept and arrogant "program" before, and it was pretty devastating to the overall athletic program.

I'm torn. I will continue going to the games, and I will continue to affiliate myself to UNT. However, there is a certain part of me at this point that wants to see continued embarrassing blowout after embarrassing blowout because it should help accelerate what need be done. If we're competitive, or god forbid, actually win next week, it creates justification to keep this cart with no wheels chugging on down the road. I've been through this scheme of a completely inept and arrogant "program" before, and it was pretty devastating to the overall athletic program.

Never happen. Will be down by at least 35 at the half. I believe Dodge gets reassigned after Ark St. game and then gives his resignation. Don't see any other course that makes sense.

Never happen. Will be down by at least 35 at the half. I believe Dodge gets reassigned after Ark St. game and then gives his resignation. Don't see any other course that makes sense.

I've seen you make these types of posts the last few days. Do you have any inside information you'd like to share? B):ph34r:

Arkansas State's offense is better then MT's so we should be down more then 35 by the half.

That said, I could never bring myself to not cheer for our team to win. It's not fair to the players, especially the seniors like Casey. They deserve to go out with a win, and the fans' support.

Edited by Side Show Joe

I've seen you make these types of posts the last few days. Do you have any inside information you'd like to share? B):ph34r:

Absolutely none, although Mandy has always been nice to me :) Just doesn't seem to be any other course. It's not like we have bcome competetive late in the year. 0 improvement. There will be 0 improvement next year. The AD is trying to fund a new stadium. The president has shown a fairly strong commitment to athletics. It just seems natural. Like I said before, I wasn't critical of Dodge on here till after this last game. I believe that RV and GB are on top of this and will make the decision that they deem best for UNT in the long run. Not calling for his head, just don't see how he survives.

Absolutely none, although Mandy has always been nice to me :) Just doesn't seem to be any other course. It's not like we have bcome competetive late in the year. 0 improvement. There will be 0 improvement next year. The AD is trying to fund a new stadium. The president has shown a fairly strong commitment to athletics. It just seems natural. Like I said before, I wasn't critical of Dodge on here till after this last game. I believe that RV and GB are on top of this and will make the decision that they deem best for UNT in the long run. Not calling for his head, just don't see how he survives.

I've been reluctant to be critical of Dodge too, thinking it will not help to turn the situation around. But after 11 games this years, with no real improvements occurring, mounting off the field issues, and hearing him state he sees no need for coaching changes to his staff, I am quickly losing faith. I wonder if administrators are thinking this too?