The Next Step!

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Well it has been quite an adventure following the UNT news on here this season. Now you just wonder what new disaster each week will bring. (Don't start on me about the stadium vote. It was not exactly a 'clear mandate'.) I firmly believe that the painfully prominent drug news is just the next step in someone's plan to just get North Texas to give up football altogether. The plan seems to be working wonderfully. The ironic thing about the plan is that as its success grows, anyone who publicly associates themselves with UNT will at some point come to support the goal of the plan, because they will not be able to stand the relentless and withering sadness and embarrassment of the plan's unfolding. It's sort of like the insanely genius schemes that some virus program authors devise so that the program's proliferation is synergistically supported by the very weakness that the program exploits. I think the term for this is a feedback loop.

Without direct, authoritative and dramatic intervention, at some point, perhaps soon, the direction we are going will reach a critical mass of destruction.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

This post fried my tiny brain. This was Jimmy Hendricks, DEEP.

I'm cooked after reading that. I feel dirty. "wiskey for me and fresh horses for my men."

Buenos noches.

That is probably a validation since what you described is also how I felt after reading about this ridiculous 'news' today. My brain has spent so much time the last few years fretting about the North Texas overall situation and football's role in it, that now I may actually be insane.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Maybe the next step will be for TD to institute this next year:

Awareness Training

gk

That was a good one. I must point out, though, that there has never been a lack of awareness of drugs at UNT, or any other college for that matter. In high school awareness was slightly more limited. Another of the adjustments of moving up...

I firmly believe that the painfully prominent drug news is just the next step in someone's plan to just get North Texas to give up football altogether. The plan seems to be working wonderfully. The ironic thing about the plan is that as its success grows, anyone who publicly associates themselves with UNT will at some point come to support the goal of the plan, because they will not be able to stand the relentless and withering sadness and embarrassment of the plan's unfolding.

:huh: Have you hired Oliver Stone to direct the movie version yet?