Sbc Recruiting Recap

Since I am starting to grow weary of trying to reason with many of you Fox News junkies and free market worshipers... I’ve decided to re-focus my efforts back to the wonderful world of Sun Belt Basketball. The 2008 recruiting season is essentially finished and now since none of the recruiting services take the time to rank the Sun Belt classes…I will.

It should be noted…I am including in these rankings the Division I transfers who will become eligible this season…although officially they ought to be included in the previous season’s class. I debated back and forth on this, but decided that this would provide a better gauge for the impact players coming in next season.

Ohh…and it helps UNT out considerably.

Top Incoming Freshmen –

1. Jacolby Pittman, PF, UNO

2. Freddy Aspirilla, PF/C, FIU

3. Charles Carmouche, PG/SG, UNO

4. DeMarius Jones, SG, USA

5. Courtney Jackson, SF, UALR

Top Incoming JUCO’s –

1. JeJuan Brown, SF/PF, ASU

2. Eric Allen, SG, MTSU

3. Sergio Kerusch, SG/SF, WKU

4. Bryan Sherrer, PG, USA

5. Eric Tramiel, PF, UNT

Probable starters denoted in bold.

1. Middle Tennessee –

JUCO’s – Eric Allen 6’5” 200 SG/SF; Montarrio Haddock 6’4” 220 SF; Josh Jones 6’8” 230 PF

Freshmen – Aundra Williams 6’9” 235 PF; DeMario Williams 6’3” 185 SG

Outlook: Allen can flat out score and shoot the basketball (22.7 ppg, 43.9 3pt%) and should be a starter the moment he steps on the floor. Haddock will be in a tough competition for minutes on a crowded wing. Jones and Aundra Williams add significant bulk to a relatively thin frontline. DeMario Williams is a highly regarded football recruit who has been given a season by both Kermit Davis and Rick Stockstill to figure out what sport he will stick with.

2. Arkansas State –

JUCO’s – JeJuan Brown 6’7” 230 SF/PF; Donald Boone 6’5” 205 SG/SF; Eric McKinney 6’7” 215 PF; Brandon Ayers 6’4” 170 SG

Freshmen - Trey Finn 6’1” 205 PG

Outlook: It hasn’t taken long for John Brady to make an impression. Brown, a former Vanderbilt signee, will make an immediate impact and should push for Newcomer of the Year. McKinney will help an undersized Indian frontcourt. The duo of Boone and Ayers add size and athleticism and will be asked to pick up the scoring load left by the graduated Adrian Banks and the transferred Ryan Wedel. Finn is a strong-bodied PG who has a good chance to find his way into the starting lineup by conference play.

3. South Alabama –

JUCO’s – Bryan Sherrer 6’0” 175 PG; LaShun Watson 6’5” 195 SG

Freshmen – DeAndre Hersey 6’7” 200 SF/PF; DeMarius Jones 6’3” 175 SG; Cameron Moore 6’7” 200 SF

Outlook: Sherrer and Watson should be in the starting line-up opening night…Sherrer at the 1, Watson at the 3. Both are highly regarded, but this is still a step down from the Bennett/Merritt duo they’re trying to replace. Jones is a scoring guard who will have the chance to make a significant impact as USA has only one proven backcourt commodity. Hersey and Moore will have time to develop both mentally and physically as they join a crowded Jag frontcourt.

4. UL – Lafayette –

Division I – Emmanuel Adiefe 6’10” 220 PF (UNLV); Lamar Roberson 6’8” 220 SF/PF (UNLV)

JUCO’s – Jeremy Barr 6’9” 275 PF; Colby Batiste 6’8” 220 PF; Lester Ferguson 6’10” 220 PF; Ryan McCoy 6’0” 160 PG Freshmen – None

Outlook: Last season ULL Coach Robert Lee got his backcourt settled in for the next 2-3 seasons…this year he’s addressed his needs up front. If there is an impact player in this class…it will be Roberson…but both he and Adiefe have decided to transfer more than play as ULL will be both of their 4th schools. The troika of Barr, Batiste and Ferguson managed just 20.4ppg and 9.2rpg (a paltry average of 6.8ppg, 3.1rpg each)…but you don’t teach height and ULL will have plenty next season. McCoy, a former UNT non-qualifier, will see minutes as a back-up point guard.

5. Florida International –

Division I – Josue Soto 6’1” 180 PG (Florida State)

JUCO’s – J.C. Otero 6’7” 190 SF; Harley Fuller 6’1” 180 PG

Freshmen – Mike Dominguez 6’4” 190 SG; Freddy Aspirilla 6’9” 260 PF/C

Outlook: Soto is a former Florida State signee and Miami High School player of the year and is all but a lock to be the starter on the ball this season. Aspirilla is considered one of the better incoming freshmen in the SBC by many ranking services and should ensure that FIU actually has posts playing in the post. Otero left an offer from BYU to come to Miami and will compete for a starting spot on the wing. Dominguez will have time to develop while Fuller was signed to back up Soto.

6. North Texas –

Division I – George Oduwafa 6’8” 240 PF (Arizona State)

JUCO’s – Eric Tramiel 6’7” 225 SF/PF; Dominique Johnson 5’11” 180 PG

Freshmen – Ben Knox 6’10” 215 PF/C

Outlook: Hurt by the loss of a scholarship, UNT addressed the post to fill in around a talented young backcourt. Oduwafa is penciled in to start at the 5, and will have 3 years of eligibility remaining. Tramiel was a NJCAA All-American for Paris JC and should be in at the 4. Johnson has a season of D-I experience at UMKC and will ease the on the ball load of Josh White. Knox is a project.

7. Western Kentucky –

JUCO’s – Anthony Salley 6’2” 185 PG; Sergio Kerusch 6’4” 205 SG/SF

Freshmen – Jameson Tipping 6’5” 180 SF; Robbie Townsend 5’10” 165 PG

Outlook: It was already going to be difficult for the Toppers to replace two potential NBA draft picks…but when Darrin Horn took the USC job and 2/3 of WKU’s early commitments bolted, new coach Ken McDonald really had his work cut out for him. Tipping was the only player recruited by Horn to keep his commitment, however he was also the least heralded and will probably spend the majority of the season on the bench. Salley was McDonald’s first signee…a pass first, pass second point guard (7.7ppg, 7.5 apg) who also rebounds extremely well for his size (6.3rpg). Townsend will have time to develop in a crowded backcourt. Kerusch was a huge signing for the Toppers…and essentially pulled this class out of the cellar of the SBC. Recruited by the likes of West Virginia and Ole Miss, Kerusch is a rugged wing, a contrast to the departed Courtney Lee.

8. Troy –

Division I – Richard Delk 6’4” 180 PG/SG (Mississippi State)

JUCO’s – Regis Huddleston 6’1” 180 PG/SG; Travis Lee 5’11” 170 PG/SG; Antywan Jones 6’6” 185 SF; Chris Leggett 6’7” 200 SF/PF Freshmen – None

Outlook: Delk transferred with the intention of playing the point and should be the starter on the ball from day one. Around him, Huddleston and Lee will compete for the starting spot at the 2. Both averaged over 20ppg last season, as well as both shooting a very impressive 48% from 3pt territory. Jones will see plenty of time on the wing as a versatile player who averaged 23ppg, 6rpg, 5apg. Leggett will add some size to a relatively small Trojan frontcourt.

9. New Orleans -

JUCO’s – Destin DaMachoua 6’1” 180 PG; Ejike Hart 6’8” 210 PF; Darrian McKistry 5’11” 180 PG; Joey Cameron 6’8” 240 PF

Freshmen – Jamal Burroughs 6’6” 215 SF; Charles Carmouche 6’2” 185 PG/SG; Charles Hammork 6’5” 165 SG/SF; Jacolby Pittman 6’9” 220 PF; Paul Hagler 6’2” 215 SG

Outlook: Joe Pasternak basically has to replace all of last season’s roster after 6 seniors graduated and another returnee opted to transfer. Pittman is the most highly regarded of the group and has a good chance of starting on the block for UNO. The same can also be said for Cameron and Hart…and perhaps their added experience will give either or both the inside track. Experience may also get DaMachoua and McKistry minutes in the backcourt early this season, but the hidden gem of this class should prove to be Carmouche. Carmouche is a strong bodied combo and thought to be the top player coming out of the New Orleans area this class…meaning, of course, he is drawing comparisons to Bo McCalebb. Burroughs and Hammork will add size to the wing. I can only find Hagler as a verbal at this point.

10. UL – Monroe –

Division I – Lawrence Gilbert 6’7” 200 SF (Miami)

JUCO’s – Dynile Forbes 6’1” 180 SG; Jarvis Hill 6’2” 200 PG/SG; Malcolm Thomas 6’6” 200 SF; Reggie Lassiter 6’0” 185 PG Freshmen – Brandon Williams 6’1” 170 PG

Outlook: Once again Orlando Early has loaded up the Warhawk backcourt. Forbes and Hill should compete to compliment Tony Hooper on the wing, while Lassiter should stabilize the point guard position, an area of concern last season. Gilbert will more than likely slide into the starting line-up at the 4, while Thomas should earn minutes with his defense (led Tyler JC in steals last season with 41).

11. Florida Atlantic –

JUCO’s – Jimmie Sutton 6’10” 250 PF/C

Freshmen –Freddie Riley 6’5” 175 SG; Shavon Shine 6’2” 190 PG/SG

Asked for release, yet to transfer - Dago Pena 6’6” 220 SG/SF

Outlook: I was all set to put this up on GMG when I said…I think I’ll double check the message boards. The top thread on the FAU board: Pena Asks for Release. At the time, I had this FAU class ranked 3rd in the Belt…lose Pena, and it drops to 11th. Pena was the most highly anticipated freshman coming into the Belt this season…a Rivals 150 recruit who would probably started on the wing from day one in Boca. Riley comes with similar hype…however I have heard rumors that he will attend a prep school this coming season to get his grades up…however I haven’t gotten any actual confirmation. That leaves Sutton, a space eater who should help protect Carlos Monroe upfront, and Shine, a combo guard who was an AAU teammate of Pena and is at least a year away from contributing.

12. UALR –

JUCO’s – Wayne Burton 6’8” 220 PF

Freshmen – Courtney Jackson 6’6” 200 SF; Lionel Foster 6’1” 195 PG

Outlook: It should be noted, UALR has signed Soloman Bozeman as well, a 6’0” 180 combo guard who is transferring from South Florida and will be eligible in the 2009 season. Burton is an athletic post and solid rebounder who should compliment the 2 bowling balls coach Shields rolls out at the 5 for the Trojans (Mike Smith and Derrick Bails). Jackson averaged a double-double last season and was ranked as the 15th best ’08 recruit in Texas. Foster, also a Texas native, will understudy to Steven Moore and be given time to develop into the Trojans point guard of the future.

??. Denver –

JUCO’s – None

Freshmen – Sabatino Chen 6’3” 185 PG; Justin Coughlin 6’9” 200 PF; Travis Hallam 6’4” 195 SG; Brian Stafford 6’2” 180 SG/PG; Tyler Thalken 6’4” 180 SG

Outlook: It is difficult to assess Denver’s recruiting classes. Joe Scott has identified versatile players who will fit into his Princeton offensive style with a lack of concern for how ESPN or Rivals rank them. Coughlin is probably the highest regarded…a lanky post who can step out and knock down a 3. Chen is a solidly built point guard while Stafford, Hallam and Thalken are all solid shooters who should all compete for playing time this season.

Edited by Censored by Laurie

1. Middle Tennessee –

JUCO’s – Eric Allen 6’5” 200 SG/SF; Montarrio Haddock 6’4” 220 SF; Josh Jones 6’8” 230 PF

Outlook: Allen can flat out score and shoot the basketball (22.7 ppg, 43.9 3pt%) and should be a starter the moment he steps on the floor. Haddock will be in a tough competition for minutes on a crowded wing. Jones and Aundra Williams add significant bulk to a relatively thin frontline. DeMario Williams is a highly regarded football recruit who has been given a season by both Kermit Davis and Rick Stockstill to figure out what sport he will stick with.

Good stuff CBL.

I would like to point out that I have never seen a player who can flat out score and NOT shoot the basketball.

If we can find that guy, he might be the ultimate recruit.

Since I am starting to grow weary of trying to reason with many of you Fox News junkies and free market worshipers... I’ve decided to re-focus my efforts back to the wonderful world of Sun Belt Basketball. The 2008 recruiting season is essentially finished and now since none of the recruiting services take the time to rank the Sun Belt classes…I will.

It should be noted…I am including in these rankings the Division I transfers who will become eligible this season…although officially they ought to be included in the previous season’s class. I debated back and forth on this, but decided that this would provide a better gauge for the impact players coming in next season.

Top Incoming Freshmen –

Top Incoming JUCO’s –

2. Eric Allen, SG, MTSU

4. Bryan Sherrer, PG, WKU

5. Eric Tramiel, PF, UNT

1. Middle Tennessee –

It's my understanding that Aundra Williams likely will be going to a juco before he comes to Middle Tennessee...

Also, Gilchrest, a freshman PG last season, has decided not to return next season due to the influx of guard talent and the prospect of reduced playing time or a redshirt season, which Coach Davis did offer. Adam Sparks of the DNJ, blogged about this recently:

Gilchrest wouldn’t be alone in squeezed court time

Middle Tennessee should have a really good team this coming year, with the only loss, the transfer of the Gilchrest, who saw only spot duty behind Kanaskie and Johnson.

FWIW, Middle Tennessee will host Bruce Pearl's ut volunteers the night before MT hosts north texas in football in November.....

Good stuff. MT's best newcomer should be Antwaun Boyd, who came in last year but did not get cleared by the "slow as molasses" NCAA Clearing House. He would have started for us last year. Here's Antwaun's bio: http://www.goblueraiders.com/player.cfm/na...un-boyd/id/2710.

Top Incoming Freshmen –

Top Incoming JUCO’s –

2. Eric Allen, SG, MTSU

4. Bryan Sherrer, PG, WKU

5. Eric Tramiel, PF, UNT

1. Middle Tennessee –

2. Arkansas State –

JUCO’s – JeJuan Brown 6’7” 230 SF/PF; Donald Boone 6’5” 205 SG/SF; Eric McKinney 6’7” 215 PF; Brandon Ayers 6’4” 170 SG

Freshmen - Trey Finn 6’1” 205 PG

Outlook: It hasn’t taken long for John Brady to make an impression. Brown, a former Vanderbilt signee, will make an immediate impact and should push for Newcomer of the Year. McKinney will help an undersized Indian frontcourt. The duo of Boone and Ayers add size and athleticism and will be asked to pick up the scoring load left by the graduated Adrian Banks and the transferred Ryan Wedel. Finn is a strong-bodied PG who has a good chance to find his way into the starting lineup by conference play.

3. South Alabama –

JUCO’s – Bryan Sherrer 6’0” 175 PG; LaShun Watson 6’5” 195 SG

Freshmen – DeAndre Hersey 6’7” 200 SF/PF; DeMarius Jones 6’3” 175 SG; Cameron Moore 6’7” 200 SF

Outlook: Sherrer and Watson should be in the starting line-up opening night…Sherrer at the 1, Watson at the 3. Both are highly regarded, but this is still a step down from the Bennett/Merritt duo they’re trying to replace. Jones is a scoring guard who will have the chance to make a significant impact as USA has only one proven backcourt commodity. Hersey and Moore will have time to develop both mentally and physically as they join a crowded Jag frontcourt.

4. UL – Lafayette –

Division I – Emmanuel Adiefe 6’10” 220 PF (UNLV); Lamar Roberson 6’8” 220 SF/PF (UNLV)

JUCO’s – Jeremy Barr 6’9” 275 PF; Colby Batiste 6’8” 220 PF; Lester Ferguson 6’10” 220 PF; Ryan McCoy 6’0” 160 PG Freshmen – None

Outlook: Last season ULL Coach Robert Lee got his backcourt settled in for the next 2-3 seasons…this year he’s addressed his needs up front. If there is an impact player in this class…it will be Roberson…but both he and Adiefe have decided to transfer more than play as ULL will be both of their 4th schools. The troika of Barr, Batiste and Ferguson managed just 20.4ppg and 9.2rpg (a paltry average of 6.8ppg, 3.1rpg each)…but you don’t teach height and ULL will have plenty next season. McCoy, a former UNT non-qualifier, will see minutes as a back-up point guard.

5. Florida International –

Division I – Josue Soto 6’1” 180 PG (Florida State)

JUCO’s – J.C. Otero 6’7” 190 SF; Harley Fuller 6’1” 180 PG

Freshmen – Mike Dominguez 6’4” 190 SG; Freddy Aspirilla 6’9” 260 PF/C

Outlook: Soto is a former Florida State signee and Miami High School player of the year and is all but a lock to be the starter on the ball this season. Aspirilla is considered one of the better incoming freshmen in the SBC by many ranking services and should ensure that FIU actually has posts playing in the post. Otero left an offer from BYU to come to Miami and will compete for a starting spot on the wing. Dominguez will have time to develop while Fuller was signed to back up Soto.

6. North Texas –

Division I – George Oduwafa 6’8” 240 PF (Arizona State)

JUCO’s – Eric Tramiel 6’7” 225 SF/PF; Dominique Johnson 5’11” 180 PG

Freshmen – Ben Knox 6’10” 215 PF/C

Outlook: Hurt by the loss of a scholarship, UNT addressed the post to fill in around a talented young backcourt. Oduwafa is penciled in to start at the 5, and will have 3 years of eligibility remaining. Tramiel was a NJCAA All-American for Paris JC and should be in at the 4. Johnson has a season of D-I experience at UMKC and will ease the on the ball load of Josh White. Knox is a project.

7. Western Kentucky –

JUCO’s – Anthony Salley 6’2” 185 PG; Sergio Kerusch 6’4” 205 SG/SF

Freshmen – Jameson Tipping 6’5” 180 SF; Robbie Townsend 5’10” 165 PG

Outlook: It was already going to be difficult for the Toppers to replace two potential NBA draft picks…but when Darrin Horn took the USC job and 2/3 of WKU’s early commitments bolted, new coach Ken McDonald really had his work cut out for him. Tipping was the only player recruited by Horn to keep his commitment, however he was also the least heralded and will probably spend the majority of the season on the bench. Salley was McDonald’s first signee…a pass first, pass second point guard (7.7ppg, 7.5 apg) who also rebounds extremely well for his size (6.3rpg). Townsend will have time to develop in a crowded backcourt. Kerusch was a huge signing for the Toppers…and essentially pulled this class out of the cellar of the SBC. Recruited by the likes of West Virginia and Ole Miss, Kerusch is a rugged wing, a contrast to the departed Courtney Lee.

8. Troy –

Division I – Richard Delk 6’4” 180 PG/SG (Mississippi State)

JUCO’s – Regis Huddleston 6’1” 180 PG/SG; Travis Lee 5’11” 170 PG/SG; Antywan Jones 6’6” 185 SF; Chris Leggett 6’7” 200 SF/PF Freshmen – None

Outlook: Delk transferred with the intention of playing the point and should be the starter on the ball from day one. Around him, Huddleston and Lee will compete for the starting spot at the 2. Both averaged over 20ppg last season, as well as both shooting a very impressive 48% from 3pt territory. Jones will see plenty of time on the wing as a versatile player who averaged 23ppg, 6rpg, 5apg. Leggett will add some size to a relatively small Trojan frontcourt.

9. New Orleans -

JUCO’s – Destin DaMachoua 6’1” 180 PG; Ejike Hart 6’8” 210 PF; Darrian McKistry 5’11” 180 PG; Joey Cameron 6’8” 240 PF

Freshmen – Jamal Burroughs 6’6” 215 SF; Charles Carmouche 6’2” 185 PG/SG; Charles Hammork 6’5” 165 SG/SF; Jacolby Pittman 6’9” 220 PF; Paul Hagler 6’2” 215 SG

Outlook: Joe Pasternak basically has to replace all of last season’s roster after 6 seniors graduated and another returnee opted to transfer. Pittman is the most highly regarded of the group and has a good chance of starting on the block for UNO. The same can also be said for Cameron and Hart…and perhaps their added experience will give either or both the inside track. Experience may also get DaMachoua and McKistry minutes in the backcourt early this season, but the hidden gem of this class should prove to be Carmouche. Carmouche is a strong bodied combo and thought to be the top player coming out of the New Orleans area this class…meaning, of course, he is drawing comparisons to Bo McCalebb. Burroughs and Hammork will add size to the wing. I can only find Hagler as a verbal at this point.

10. UL – Monroe –

Division I – Lawrence Gilbert 6’7” 200 SF (Miami)

JUCO’s – Dynile Forbes 6’1” 180 SG; Jarvis Hill 6’2” 200 PG/SG; Malcolm Thomas 6’6” 200 SF; Reggie Lassiter 6’0” 185 PG Freshmen – Brandon Williams 6’1” 170 PG

Outlook: Once again Orlando Early has loaded up the Warhawk backcourt. Forbes and Hill should compete to compliment Tony Hooper on the wing, while Lassiter should stabilize the point guard position, an area of concern last season. Gilbert will more than likely slide into the starting line-up at the 4, while Thomas should earn minutes with his defense (led Tyler JC in steals last season with 41).

11. Florida Atlantic –

JUCO’s – Jimmie Sutton 6’10” 250 PF/C

Freshmen –Freddie Riley 6’5” 175 SG; Shavon Shine 6’2” 190 PG/SG

Asked for release, yet to transfer - Dago Pena 6’6” 220 SG/SF

Outlook: I was all set to put this up on GMG when I said…I think I’ll double check the message boards. The top thread on the FAU board: Pena Asks for Release. At the time, I had this FAU class ranked 3rd in the Belt…lose Pena, and it drops to 11th. Pena was the most highly anticipated freshman coming into the Belt this season…a Rivals 150 recruit who would probably started on the wing from day one in Boca. Riley comes with similar hype…however I have heard rumors that he will attend a prep school this coming season to get his grades up…however I haven’t gotten any actual confirmation. That leaves Sutton, a space eater who should help protect Carlos Monroe upfront, and Shine, a combo guard who was an AAU teammate of Pena and is at least a year away from contributing.

12. UALR –

JUCO’s – Wayne Burton 6’8” 220 PF

Freshmen – Courtney Jackson 6’6” 200 SF; Lionel Foster 6’1” 195 PG

Outlook: It should be noted, UALR has signed Soloman Bozeman as well, a 6’0” 180 combo guard who is transferring from South Florida and will be eligible in the 2009 season. Burton is an athletic post and solid rebounder who should compliment the 2 bowling balls coach Shields rolls out at the 5 for the Trojans (Mike Smith and Derrick Bails). Jackson averaged a double-double last season and was ranked as the 15th best ’08 recruit in Texas. Foster, also a Texas native, will understudy to Steven Moore and be given time to develop into the Trojans point guard of the future.

??. Denver –

JUCO’s – None

Freshmen – Sabatino Chen 6’3” 185 PG; Justin Coughlin 6’9” 200 PF; Travis Hallam 6’4” 195 SG; Brian Stafford 6’2” 180 SG/PG; Tyler Thalken 6’4” 180 SG

Outlook: It is difficult to assess Denver’s recruiting classes. Joe Scott has identified versatile players who will fit into his Princeton offensive style with a lack of concern for how ESPN or Rivals rank them. Coughlin is probably the highest regarded…a lanky post who can step out and knock down a 3. Chen is a solidly built point guard while Stafford, Hallam and Thalken are all solid shooters who should all compete for playing time this season.

FWIW, Middle Tennessee will host Bruce Pearl's ut volunteers the night before MT hosts north texas in football in November.....

I think I just found a reason to go down to Smurfboro early and make a weekend out of it...I'll root for MUTS on Friday and against them Saturday.

It's my understanding that Aundra Williams likely will be going to a juco before he comes to Middle Tennessee...

Also, Gilchrest, a freshman PG last season, has decided not to return next season due to the influx of guard talent and the prospect of reduced playing time or a redshirt season, which Coach Davis did offer. Adam Sparks of the DNJ, blogged about this recently:

Gilchrest wouldn’t be alone in squeezed court time

Middle Tennessee should have a really good team this coming year, with the only loss, the transfer of the Gilchrest, who saw only spot duty behind Kanaskie and Johnson.

I read about Gilchrist...but I had forgotten about Boyd...what about Calvin Oneil? Is he healthy and expected back? If so...has someone else transferred...it seems that if only the JUCO kids make it you'll still be atleast 1 if not 2 scholarships over.

I read about Gilchrist...but I had forgotten about Boyd...what about Calvin Oneil? Is he healthy and expected back? If so...has someone else transferred...it seems that if only the JUCO kids make it you'll still be atleast 1 if not 2 scholarships over.

I've not seen or heard much on Calvin's rehab, it is my assumption he'll be back near a hundred per cent.

MT will be at 13 scholarships (you may recall that uriah hethington and josh sain, two of last year's recruits and disappointments - for various reasons, were off the team/non-factors in the last couple of weeks of the season and dismissed due to the headaches they caused, not only that but MT seemed to get on a roll after Kermit got down to a 7 or 8 man rotation that didn't include either sain or hethington). MT's roster should look like this...

Kanaskie 6-2 Senior PG

Johnson 6-2 Senior PG

Green 6-4 Senior G

Hudson 6-10 Senior C

ONeil 6-4 Junior G

Hair 6-9 Junior F

Avery 6-4 Junior G

Yates 6-7 Junior F

Eric Allen 6-5 Junior G (per Sparks, may have just one year eligibility)

Josh Jones 6-9 Junior F

Montario Haddock Junior 6-4 G/F

Antwaun Boyd 6-2 ®Freshman G

Demario Williams 6-4 Freshman PG

• 2 weeks later...

A few updates since I posted this:

As our resident MTSU fans have pointed out, Raider PF Aundra Williams will attend a JUCO this coming season. I'm assuming he still has some sort of verbal with Kermit Davis to return to MTSU in a season or two.(?)

Dago Pena has officially been released from his scholarship at FAU...ohh...and so have all of the Owls recruits, leaving Mike Jarvis about 6 weeks to fill 5 scholarships. This late in the game he may want to add atleast 2 Division 1 transfers, ride out this rough season and then hopefully for FAU the Mike jarvis name still means something and he can land some talent with his first real recruiting class in 09. Nothing would crack me up more than Jarvis signing any of the 3 players who have been released by San Francisco.

Speaking of D-1 transfers...SBC schools landed numbers 2 and 3 recently. Joining UALR's Soloman Bozeman from South Florida: Doneal Mack, a 6'5" shooting guard who led Memphis last season in three point makes, is headed to New Orleans to round out a very strong recruiting class for Joe Pasternak. John Brady continues to pull nice talent as well, as Martavious Adams, a 6'8" 255 pound post is leaving Oklahoma State for Jonesboro. Adams averaged 3.1 points and 2.1 rebounds in just under 13 minutes as a freshman last season for the Pokes.

The fourth D-1 transfer may be announced pretty soon...Jay-R Strowbridge, a 5'11" combo guard as left Nebraska. Strowbridge is originally from Alabama and has been reportedly looking at South Alabama, Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky, as well as Jacksonville St. as potential destinations. Of the SBC teams, only Western Kentucky seems to have the scholarship room...USA certainly doesn't, they're currently at the limit of 13...but they too have RPI issues and I believe are losing 1 this season. MTSU may...if Spaceraider's roster above is complete, DeMario Williams may be on football scholarship...putting the Raiders at 12 current hoops ships spent. (Would love to hear back Space)

I think that about covers it...I'll probably start some team by team breakdowns toward the end of July, start of August.

A few updates since I posted this:

As our resident MTSU fans have pointed out, Raider PF Aundra Williams will attend a JUCO this coming season. I'm assuming he still has some sort of verbal with Kermit Davis to return to MTSU in a season or two.(?)

Dago Pena has officially been released from his scholarship at FAU...ohh...and so have all of the Owls recruits, leaving Mike Jarvis about 6 weeks to fill 5 scholarships. This late in the game he may want to add atleast 2 Division 1 transfers, ride out this rough season and then hopefully for FAU the Mike jarvis name still means something and he can land some talent with his first real recruiting class in 09. Nothing would crack me up more than Jarvis signing any of the 3 players who have been released by San Francisco.

Speaking of D-1 transfers...SBC schools landed numbers 2 and 3 recently. Joining UALR's Soloman Bozeman from South Florida: Doneal Mack, a 6'5" shooting guard who led Memphis last season in three point makes, is headed to New Orleans to round out a very strong recruiting class for Joe Pasternak. John Brady continues to pull nice talent as well, as Martavious Adams, a 6'8" 255 pound post is leaving Oklahoma State for Jonesboro. Adams averaged 3.1 points and 2.1 rebounds in just under 13 minutes as a freshman last season for the Pokes.

The fourth D-1 transfer may be announced pretty soon...Jay-R Strowbridge, a 5'11" combo guard as left Nebraska. Strowbridge is originally from Alabama and has been reportedly looking at South Alabama, Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky, as well as Jacksonville St. as potential destinations. Of the SBC teams, only Western Kentucky seems to have the scholarship room...USA certainly doesn't, they're currently at the limit of 13...but they too have RPI issues and I believe are losing 1 this season. MTSU may...if Spaceraider's roster above is complete, DeMario Williams may be on football scholarship...putting the Raiders at 12 current hoops ships spent. (Would love to hear back Space)

I think that about covers it...I'll probably start some team by team breakdowns toward the end of July, start of August.

Jay Strowbridge signed/committed to Jax State this past week. Not sure but I do think Demario Williams is on a basketball scholarship, though FB Coach Stockstill still has scholarships to play with...

Below are a couple of pieces on MT's newcomers and Calvin O'Neil's rehab...

Blog: MT hoops sharp-shooter making impression

O'Neil's recovery right on target

Jay Strowbridge signed/committed to Jax State this past week. Not sure but I do think Demario Williams is on a basketball scholarship, though FB Coach Stockstill still has scholarships to play with...

Below are a couple of pieces on MT's newcomers and Calvin O'Neil's rehab...

Blog: MT hoops sharp-shooter making impression

O'Neil's recovery right on target

Interesting articles...good to hear about O'Neil...and with as crowded as the team is its probably for the best that Williams "looks like a freshman." With most of your roster juniors and seniors I would think it would be prudent to bring Williams along slowly, maybe redshirt him. It always seems that football can find another scholarship when needed so it seems logical that you would use a fb ship on Williams.

After your run in the tourney last year, returning everyone and adding 3 immediate impact guys...I think I would be disappointed with anything less than an NCAA birth

CBL,

You sir... need a girlfriend!

heart,

Dearing

Seriously...you want to fire up girlfriend discussion again?

As for mine...what city I happen to be in dictates my female companionship...don't really want anything in New Haven...taking away from triathlon training, sbc reporting and anti-triathlon training premium beer consumption (had a really nice watermelon wheat last night...the watermelon was subtle, not too sweet...a really nice summer brew).

Story is different in Denton, Dallas, Boston and New York (and maybe Chicago). And we're not talking Wes Welker

Seriously...you want to fire up girlfriend discussion again?

... (had a really nice watermelon wheat last night...the watermelon was subtle, not too sweet...a really nice summer brew).

Story is different in Denton, Dallas, Boston and New York (and maybe Chicago). And we're not talking Wes Welker

First off the statute of limitation ha passed on the girlfriend you are most likely to rip me on seeing as how she married the dude that didnt show up to the wedding the first time last week. and second... A study at Texas Tech shows that watermelons can have the same effect on a man as viagra... keep drinkin your watermelon beer ya freak!

First off the statute of limitation ha passed on the girlfriend you are most likely to rip me on seeing as how she married the dude that didnt show up to the wedding the first time last week. and second... A study at Texas Tech shows that watermelons can have the same effect on a man as viagra... keep drinkin your watermelon beer ya freak!

Sorry man...but the statute of limitations NEVER passes on that one...the marriage only makes sifting through that wreckage even more difficult.

Odd that Tech did such a story...Wes Welker has a similar effect...and the adjective "watermelony" seems very apt

Sorry man...but the statute of limitations NEVER passes on that one...the marriage only makes sifting through that wreckage even more difficult.

Odd that Tech did such a story...Wes Welker has a similar effect...and the adjective "watermelony" seems very apt

You can't pick on a chick thats involved in a soon to fail marriage... her life is already heading down a path of disappointment filled with Podunk Babies and cheating husbands... as far as Wes Welker... watermelony is a VERY apt term, Wes's chest Pads are effin huge

You can't pick on a chick thats involved in a soon to fail marriage... her life is already heading down a path of disappointment filled with Podunk Babies and cheating husbands... as far as Wes Welker... watermelony is a VERY apt term, Wes's chest Pads are effin huge

From here on out Wes shall only be referred to as "WWW"

Edited by Censored by Laurie

Find a sexy picture of emmitt and post it in its place...that should work. You watch Wimbledon? Epic.

I did some sleeping... I have been working my ass off to save up cash for my month vacation i am taking before school starts. I hear it was a decent little tennis match