Recruiting Class Ranked 23 In Region

nortx9

Buzz outdid themselves again and significantly underrated a highly superior UNT recruiting class, placed 23rd in Central Region. Just get more frustrating every year..... while the national rankings are not complete yet, this will guarantee a top 150 finish nationally (out of 320 D-1 programs). Unbelieveable the schools that were placed ahead of us! I cannot be convinced otherwise that either there is a lack of communication about our program to these ranking services, or they are not truly unbiased evaluations, or both. This class should have been a top 10 region, top 15 worst case. Enjoy.........and fire away.

Buzz Soccer Website

Buzz outdid themselves again and significantly underrated a highly superior UNT recruiting class, placed 23rd in Central Region. Just get more frustrating every year..... while the national rankings are not complete yet, this will guarantee a top 150 finish nationally (out of 320 D-1 programs). Unbelieveable the schools that were placed ahead of us! I cannot be convinced otherwise that either there is a lack of communication about our program to these ranking services, or they are not truly unbiased evaluations, or both. This class should have been a top 10 region, top 15 worst case. Enjoy.........and fire away.

Buzz Soccer Website

By comparison, we were 14th last year in region....... got good players last year too, no way this class is worse.

I just have to think that if UNT played in another conference the PR and rankings would be higher for this class. I still think UNT is "coming of age" in all its athletic programs, and it will still take a bit of time to gain the proper respect from the folks like Buzz. When UNT wins the "Belt and wins a few games in the NCAA's (and they will....have no doubt about that in the very near future) the respect will grow. For a team like UNT it is more of the "show me" than tell me...so, UNT will just show them! Way to go UNT Soccer...great class...will make for a young and exciting squad. Perhaps some "growing pains" will develop, but this will be a squad that will make some noise in the rankings given they stay healthy and all that! Go Mean Green Soccer!