You Want Something To Worry About

This is a reality and it is very bad for non AQ teams. I hope that the link below works if not maybe someone can help me.. It looks like the ACC is pushing the AD's to go to a 9 game conference schedule. That means that we don't have the opportunity to play the big boys. As other conferences are sure to follow. We dont get the money from the games. It is another avenue to keeping the rich... well, rich. If something like this happens we very well may be talking about a playoff system. The bad news is that it will be a "mid major" playoff. Just what the BCS wants. Kinda makes the loss of 5 scholarships insignificant.

http://www.charlotte.com/sports_breaking/story/621512.html

This is a reality and it is very bad for non AQ teams. I hope that the link below works if not maybe someone can help me.. It looks like the ACC is pushing the AD's to go to a 9 game conference schedule. That means that we don't have the opportunity to play the big boys. As other conferences are sure to follow. We dont get the money from the games. It is another avenue to keeping the rich... well, rich. If something like this happens we very well may be talking about a playoff system. The bad news is that it will be a "mid major" playoff. Just what the BCS wants. Kinda makes the loss of 5 scholarships insignificant.

http://www.charlotte.com/sports_breaking/story/621512.html

I just saw that story on ESPN and it said that they voted on it today but will not do a 9th conference game. Instead they will stick to 8.

I just saw that story on ESPN and it said that they voted on it today but will not do a 9th conference game. Instead they will stick to 8.

How often do these things pass the first time?? This is a huge concern. The pac 10 already plays a 9 game conference schedule. but with no conf championship game that gives 2 non conference games but only 2.

How often do these things pass the first time?? This is a huge concern. The pac 10 already plays a 9 game conference schedule. but with no conf championship game that gives 2 non conference games but only 2.

Gives 3 non-conference games with a 12 game schedule.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Maybe the Pac 10 should join the others and create a championship game. Wish they would do the same in the Big 10.

Maybe the Pac 10 should join the others and create a championship game. Wish they would do the same in the Big 10.

No reason to since the Pac10 plays everyone in the conference. Not to mention you really need 12 to have a Championship game(I believe that's a NCAA rule actually).

Edited by CMJ

Why worry about it? In our life time we will probably never see a true D-1 Playoff system due to current BCS controls. In reality, the US Congress would have to step in to "de-regulate" the NCAA/BCS bowl selections and belive me the money schools will keep the money, keep tough sanctions against mid-major programs (because the can) and ensure that no mid major program will ever play for the national championship....and if by some freekish nature an undefeated mid major program sneeks in they will end up playing for #3 or #4 in the nation, not, #1 or #2 in the very best case senario.

The ones who have the money and power (BCS) make the rules (that favor them).

Being a mid-major ain't so bad.....heck, all the posts on the board support moving up to another mid-major program (CUSA-WAC). The general concensus over the last years have conceded that UNT has virtually NO chance of ever moving up to a BCS program. Fun to talk about? Yes......Reality? No!

There are more important things to worry about like, who is ponying (no pun intended) up the $$ for our new 35k-40k stadium? and can the SBC powers that be get a "second" guaranteed bowl tie in to the plethora (everyone goes to a bowl with at least a 6-6 record) of meaningless bowl games. Well, the only good thing about them is the payout for the schools and another chance to win a game.