Espn

eulesseagle

ASU vs UTEP

Bunch of monkeys throwing darts... they don't even have Troy picked in bowl game. Troy will win the belt and play USM in the NOB and FAU will get an at large bid somewhere. I don't see any more than 2 teams making it. Though ASU has a good shot at at least qualifying.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

I am confused. I thought that the 4th BCS bowl, the one that rotates each year - was to actually rotate each year at the site of the National Championship Game. This year the National Championship Game is at the Rose Bowl... so, any non-BCS auto-qualifier should be playing in the freaking Rose Bowl the week before the Natl Championship Game. Why are they predicting Hawaii in the Fiesta? The Fiesta had that rotating game last year - you know, the year that Boise busted the bubble and beat OU? What gives? Is the Rose Bowl too good to play by the rules? So they get both a real Rose Bowl and then a National Championship Game at the Rose Bowl? That f-ing bites. If Hawaii busts the bubble, they should be in the f-ing Rose Bowl, that is what we all "agreed" to.

I am confused. I thought that the 4th BCS bowl, the one that rotates each year - was to actually rotate each year at the site of the National Championship Game. This year the National Championship Game is at the Rose Bowl... so, any non-BCS auto-qualifier should be playing in the freaking Rose Bowl the week before the Natl Championship Game. Why are they predicting Hawaii in the Fiesta? The Fiesta had that rotating game last year - you know, the year that Boise busted the bubble and beat OU? What gives? Is the Rose Bowl too good to play by the rules? So they get both a real Rose Bowl and then a National Championship Game at the Rose Bowl? That f-ing bites. If Hawaii busts the bubble, they should be in the f-ing Rose Bowl, that is what we all "agreed" to.

I understood that the National Championship game this year was in New Orleans....but I think you are right, they play the four BCS games in the four major bowls, then play the NC game again in one of those same bowls. It's just a matter of time though before so many people get tired of this "do anything but a playoff" that they figure out a way to do a playoff.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Whoops, got it mixed up... but still, the point remains the same. If Hawaii busts the bubble, they should be in the Sugar Bowl. The arrangement was for the non-auto-qualifier bowl to be in the same city as the Natl Championship... so if the Natl Champ game is at the Superdome, the Sugar Bowl should have Hawaii in it (if they end up in the top 16 or whatever the deal is)...

Whoops, got it mixed up... but still, the point remains the same. If Hawaii busts the bubble, they should be in the Sugar Bowl. The arrangement was for the non-auto-qualifier bowl to be in the same city as the Natl Championship... so if the Natl Champ game is at the Superdome, the Sugar Bowl should have Hawaii in it (if they end up in the top 16 or whatever the deal is)...

I completely agree, but the whole deal is messed up. My understanding is that even though the National Championship game is #1 vs #2 in the BCS standings, they STILL don't HAVE to take #1 and #2.....so if Hawaii was able to get to #2 in the overall BCS standings, the NC game would not necessarily be #1 vs. #2, and that is even more goofy.