Smu Vs. Tech

Smitty

I know that 79-10 was horrible, but consider which is the bigger disappointment:

Getting blown out in record fashion by team that will contend for the national title, on the road, to start a season in which you are installing new coaches, a new offense, and a new defense

OR

Getting blown out by a team you really thought you could beat, at home, to start a season in which you have the pieces in place and fully expect to go to a bowl game

Pretty miserable choice either way.

Willis is still in, and got picked again.

Now 49-9. Very empty stadium.

Edited by Smitty

TT scored again.

BTW, what would you say the odds are that we do actually beat SMU again this year, two years in a row. And, if we do beat them again, two years in a row, what are the odds we play them much in the next 10 years???

Boy, Leach looks bored...picking hair out of his eye brow...

I know that 79-10 was horrible, but consider which is the bigger disappointment:

Getting blown out in record fashion by team that will contend for the national title, on the road, to start a season in which you are installing new coaches, a new offense, and a new defense

OR

Getting blown out by a team you really thought you could beat, at home, to start a season in which you have the pieces in place and fully expect to go to a bowl game

Pretty miserable choice either way.

Willis is still in, and got picked again.

Now 49-9. Very empty stadium.

This could be their Tulsa game.

Their student section was AWFUL. They had white pone /\ (yours) shirts which made them stand out in the first half, the camera did a wide shot of the visitors side at the start of the 4th quarter and almost the entire section was empty. It also looked like the Tech fans were sitting on top of each other in their 1/2 or even 2/3 of the visitors side.

Looking at the stadium makes me really wish we had a new stadium with green benches (with backs) to make it look like there are more people at the game then there actually is

Bear in mind this is supposed to be a very "down" year for Tech, starting multiple freshman on the OL (which DOMINATED), a reworked version of an already troubled defense, and losing Robert Johnson, Joel Filani, and Jarrett Hicks (all three top WRs).... and that was utter domination on every level... no excuses next week.

everything i've read says TT should finish "only ahead of Baylor" in the south, and Leach "will struggle to keep the long streak of 7 wins and a bowl game in tact".... I may or may not agree, but that's the national perception. SMU put thousands of dollars and all the effort they could into making this their "statement game" at home on national TV, with an honest chance to win -- and got blown off the field in dramatic fashion.

Bear in mind this is supposed to be a very "down" year for Tech, starting multiple freshman on the OL (which DOMINATED), a reworked version of an already troubled defense, and losing Robert Johnson, Joel Filani, and Jarrett Hicks (all three top WRs).... and that was utter domination on every level... no excuses next week.

everything i've read says TT should finish "only ahead of Baylor" in the south, and Leach "will struggle to keep the long streak of 7 wins and a bowl game in tact".... I may or may not agree, but that's the national perception. SMU put thousands of dollars and all the effort they could into making this their "statement game" at home on national TV, with an honest chance to win -- and got blown off the field in dramatic fashion.

...which makes it ever the more painful if we lose. But we WILL win...and Saturday night victory will be GLORIOUS!!!

I was lucky enough to go to the game today...having a wife from Tech, you tend to do those things. The only reason this was a sell out was due to the Texas Tech fans, and it had to be 75% TT there.

They have their "RAIDER" - - "POWER" chant (similar to our "NORTH" "TEXAS"), and they had both sides of the stadium going back and forth with one another...and it was echoing off the walls....VERY IMPRESSIVE being that TT was the visiting team. if I was an SMU fan there, I would have fealt like I was in Lubbock.

One thing that got old was the CHEESY announcer about SMU's "Third Down Thunder"....dear God this was a beating!!! Also, I hope we are bringing the band to SMU, because it will be nice for them to over power the "Mr. Peppermint" band they have...yes, they have red and white striped jackets with white pants....hence the Mr Peppermint Band.

The parking was easy, we parked at the Radisson on the North bound service road, just north of Mockingbird, and walked to the game...easy in and easy out. We also arrived an hour and a half before kickoff.

See everyone on Saturday...GMG