Stakes Just Went Up/vizza

flyeater

For all of you that say chill out, the best quarterback will be on the field and let things take care of themselves; I'd say you are correct.

For those of you that like to speculate, let's look at it.

If Vizza is as advertised, an extremely accurate passer who can run Dodge's spread to his satisfaction, moves the chains and puts points on the board, he will probably start the next four years. If he has only moderate success, then he will lose his starting job and will either be content as the backup or will transfer. He will have fairly had his chance. It is up to him.

In Riley's case, his worst case scenario is that he gets to play quarterback in college Division 1-A, including the last two years as the starter. Compare that to Texas, where he would have gotten NO pt at quarterback and little assurance that he evens sees the field. I see Riley as a quarterback. Right now, I'd say that he's the best high school quarterback in Texas and statistics will bear that out. To never get the chance to play his best position would be a travesty. He has the misfortune of being born a couple of years too late. I think that he is a better quarterback than Colt McCoy, and given even footing, would have beaten both McCoy and Sneed for the quarterback slot at UT. It just makes it doubly hard to come in and unseat a successful quarterback.

As Deep says, "In Todd We Trust". I trust him to put the best quarterback on the field, period. He could have started Riley as a soph at Southlake but he didn't. He will do what's best for the Mean Green. I have no doubt.

I nominate the above post as the "Riley Dodge Will Put Up Some Good Numbers As A D1-A College QB" post of the week!

Not really sure where the very QB who was the field general for the 2006 Texas UIL 5A state football champion has been made to be all but "talent-less" from some of these wretched college message boards across our great state. It's almost laughable to read some of the non-chalant "he has no college level" QB talent concerning Riley Dodge. (Did they not see the same televised 5A state championship game some of us saw, for heaven's sake)?:)

Great post, GEO!

BTW, WELCOME TO MEAN GREEN COUNTRY, MR VIZZA!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Mac Brown offered RD a scholarship for one reason. He didn't recruit Chase Dainels. CD has put Mizzou in the national spot light. He has done more for Mizzou in one season than Brad Smith did in three. MB has heard it from the Alum and read it in the press. Colt is a good player but he is not the player CD is. He wasn't going to let another 5A player of the year play for another Big12 team. Which is sad for RD, because he is a heck of a player. I don't think he ever had a chance at UT. If you guys don't want him go read Mizzou's tigerboard. They'll take RD. They love CD and to get another Spread QB, 5A Teaxas player player of the year and a coaches kid...Well they'd just wet themselves....

I nominate the above post as the "Riley Dodge Will Put Up Some Good Numbers As A D1-A College QB" post of the week!

Not really sure where the very QB who was the field general for the 2006 Texas UIL 5A state football champion has been made to be all but "talent-less" from some of these wretched college message boards across our great state. It's almost laughable to read some of the non-chalant "he has no college level" QB talent concerning Riley Dodge. (Did they not see the same televised 5A state championship game some of us saw, for heaven's sake)?:)

Great post, GEO!

What the hell does that mean? The only people who feel like Riley can't play D-1 football are the big guys like UT, A&M, and Oklahoma.

Mid level conferences would love to have the caliber of QB's we have or will get these past two seasons. I seriously doubt that Meager, Vizza, or Tune are worried about something that may or may not happen at this stage in their career. If our QB's are smart, they don't read any of this BS because that is what most of it is, instead our players should worry about what they can do and not some kid who may or may not eventually end up playing for his Dad. I am sure Meager and the Boys are NOT really worried about a kid who is not even at their University yet. All of those QB's who have any nuts are anxious to get it on NOW and next year will take care of itself.

I think everyone needs to slow down about about Vizza and Riley and all of the other early commits until February when the ink is dry on their paperwork. By then we could lose both or one of the QB's. It is great to get early committments but in the cut throat world of recruiting anything can happen in the next 8 months.

GMG!

I think everyone needs to slow down about about Vizza and Riley and all of the other early commits until February when the ink is dry on their paperwork. By then we could lose both or one of the QB's. It is great to get early committments but in the cut throat world of recruiting anything can happen in the next 8 months.

GMG!

Vizza is not an early commit--he signed his LOI last February, and will be with the team this fall--but your point regarding Riley and the others is duly noted.

Mac Brown offered RD a scholarship for one reason. He didn't recruit Chase Dainels. CD has put Mizzou in the national spot light. He has done more for Mizzou in one season than Brad Smith did in three. MB has heard it from the Alum and read it in the press. Colt is a good player but he is not the player CD is. He wasn't going to let another 5A player of the year play for another Big12 team. Which is sad for RD, because he is a heck of a player. I don't think he ever had a chance at UT. If you guys don't want him go read Mizzou's tigerboard. They'll take RD. They love CD and to get another Spread QB, 5A Teaxas player player of the year and a coaches kid...Well they'd just wet themselves....

Couldn't agree more about RD. And welcome to the board.

Rick

Great post, GEO!

What the hell does that mean? The only people who feel like Riley can't play D-1 football are the big guys like UT, A&M, and Oklahoma.

Mid level conferences would love to have the caliber of QB's we have or will get these past two seasons. I seriously doubt that Meager, Vizza, or Tune are worried about something that may or may not happen at this stage in their career. If our QB's are smart, they don't read any of this BS because that is what most of it is, instead our players should worry about what they can do and not some kid who may or may not eventually end up playing for his Dad. I am sure Meager and the Boys are NOT really worried about a kid who is not even at their University yet. All of those QB's who have any nuts are anxious to get it on NOW and next year will take care of itself.

WHOA NELLIE! :)

Dodge2007, I was merely agreeing with GrayEagleOne (and I highlighted one of the best points of his post in dark gray) that I, too, was agreeing with GEO as we both felt Riley Dodge could have been a starter at the University of Texas.

Some of us remember QB's of much lesser physical stature than Riley Dodge that did quite well in the higher stratisphere of NCAA D1-A football and one of those was a QB from Boston College named Doug Flutie. What was Doug Flutie, maybe about 5'9" in height only after he had been stretched out to the max on one of those wooden stretcher machines found in medieval England several centuries ago? :rolleyes::)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen