Welcome Tiger Fans

Harry

I just approved quite a few of the memphis fans and look forward to seeing their posts.I apologize for the recent delays in approval but am with my family on a much needed vacation. Anyway when I planned this trip several months ago I had no idea that we would be playing in the big dance in new orleans no less. good news is I have been able to secure a game ticket and a friday morning flight to norleans so I will get to cheer on the team. The bad news is that I have had very limited phone and email access up here in the mountains. If this has caused any delays in registration I apologize. For those who have tried to reach me via phone pm or email rest assured that I will be seen on the streets of new orleans probably at acme for an oyster breakfast prior to the game. Also I have had a touggh time getting a flight back so I am thinking that is a good omen for us and we will be playing more than one game... Anyhow couldn't be prouder of the team and the program and know they will do us proud against an outstanding memphis squad. Gmg!

Hi folks, I was finally able to log into your board to say hello. I'm a Tiger fan who thought JJ did a good enough job in his one year as HC at Memphis to earn a second year. That was pre-Calipari, my school made the right decision, but Jones certainly did a great job in a bad situation. He's a class act and I have no doubt that he will have NT ready to play tomorrow.

Some of my brethren are already overlooking NT, most aren't. I'm not. I have no doubt your team will give us everything we want and more. Of course, all that matters is that the teams are focused and we won't know that until game time.

I'm glad there seems to be a renewed interest from your fans in your program. That's crucial to long-term success. Of course, if Jones has TOO much success you'll have to go through what we go through every year, namely, other schools trying to get your coach! But it's a good problem to have.

Anyway, just wanted to log in and say hi. If anybody has any questions about our team I'll answer them if I can.

Hi folks, I was finally able to log into your board to say hello. I'm a Tiger fan who thought JJ did a good enough job in his one year as HC at Memphis to earn a second year. That was pre-Calipari, my school made the right decision, but Jones certainly did a great job in a bad situation. He's a class act and I have no doubt that he will have NT ready to play tomorrow.

Some of my brethren are already overlooking NT, most aren't. I'm not. I have no doubt your team will give us everything we want and more. Of course, all that matters is that the teams are focused and we won't know that until game time.

I'm glad there seems to be a renewed interest from your fans in your program. That's crucial to long-term success. Of course, if Jones has TOO much success you'll have to go through what we go through every year, namely, other schools trying to get your coach! But it's a good problem to have.

Anyway, just wanted to log in and say hi. If anybody has any questions about our team I'll answer them if I can.

What is the feeling/scoop in Memphis about CUSA or the Big East. Is Memphis bored in CUSA? Will it stay together? Would Memphis fans prefer to be with Louisville in the Big East and is there a serious effort to pursue that? Thanks. NT and Memphis should do a home and home in football and basketball.

Edited by NT80

What is the feeling/scoop in Memphis about CUSA or the Big East. Is Memphis bored in CUSA? Will it stay together? Would Memphis fans prefer to be with Louisville in the Big East and is there a serious effort to pursue that? Thanks. NT and Memphis should do a home and home in football and basketball.

Memphis fans would be gone for the Big East in all of 2 seconds. Our natural rivals are there, Cincinnati, Louisville and, to a lesser extent, Marquette. Basketball pays the bills at Memphis so that takes priority over everything else. Unfortunately, our AD is snoozing most of the time and it probably won't happen. He won't even listen to proposals for an on-campus arena because it might actually involve work.

CUSA is okay for us, we have some lesser rivals, such as Southern Miss, Tulsa and maybe we'll develop something with UTEP. But it's a weird fit. SMU? Rice? What do we have in common with them? Not much.

As for NT playing us, fine by me. Of course, that isn't worth much! In basketball it's all about RPI, our OOC schedule must make up for our weak conference schedule. We still play teams such as Jackson State, but they made the NCAAs. When you have East Carolina on your schedule with an RPI of about 300, man, it really screws things up. In football we don't have many games to schedule and for sheer survival we have to play 2 SEC schools every year, usually Ole Miss and Tennessee.

I read earlier a discussion about upgrading scheduling and the importance of the RPI. It's vital. If your team beats mine tomorrow it will be moot, I realize, but in the long-term perception is everything. Our top recruit next year is the #1 PG in the nation; 5 years ago we wouldn't have gotten him. But the perception of our program has changed. So if NT wants to improve, you have to start scheduling so that your conference schedule is a letdown, not a step up. Central Florida in CUSA is a good example of what I mean. They went 22-9 this year, I think, #2 in the league, and they didn't even get an invite to the NIT. Their RPI was awful because their OOC was awful.

Anyway, I'm glad to see NT getting some new posts on your board. Like I said earlier, if Jones has success in the coming years you guys will need to find a way to keep him!

Basketball pays the bills at Memphis so that takes priority over everything else.

Very interesting about Memphis. I didn't realize basketball was top dog there, I thought football was your main $$ generator. I've been to the Pyramid a few years ago, but it was for a Titanic exhibit, not a basketball game.