Indoor Track

GrandGreen

From NT official site

JONESBORO, Ark. (2/27/07) – Brandi Stanfield successfully defended her indoor triple jump crown and the Mean Green women’s team took second place overall at the Sun Belt Indoor Championships on Sunday in Jonesboro.

The women’s team took fourth place, finishing with 79.5 points. Western Kentucky walked away with the title for the second consecutive year with 126 points, 27.25 points ahead of second place. On the men’s side it was the Mean Green racking up 75 points for a fifth-place showing. The men’s championship came down to the last race, the 4x400 relay, with South Alabama moving up in the rankings to tie Arkansas State for the title with 129 points apiece.

Not sure how the women could finish both second overall and in fourth place, but being on the official site for three days, I guess it must be correct. Errors aside, it is a disappointing finish IMO for the women. This team seems to be very unbalanced scoring no points in any of the distance events, 800, 3000, 5000 or mile. It appears to me with the size of NT and its location that NT should excel in the Belt in cross country, indoor and outdoor track but, I guess the emphasis is just not there.

Edited by GrandGreen