Losing Recruits To Tulsa

Txballa

I've noticed Tulsa has been getting a lot of recruits from the Dallas area for some time now. This time UNT has actually been going after these guys and they end up choosing Tulsa over us. Just an observation, at least we are trying to go after these kids.

What recruits in particular have changed their mind?

What recruits in particular have changed their mind?

I don't think he is saying that any are changing their mind per se, but they are just chosing Tulsa over us to begin with. Under DD this was the case a lot of the time. This should do a 180% (and has already changed to a large degree) under Dodge.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

Your gonna win some and lose some but the very fact that we have more state 100's verballed to us than in any one recruiting season the past 9 years, all collected in a little over 30 days tells me we won't lose out to Tulsa very often.

Per my post titled "By My Count" I see us getting verbals over: Rice, Utep, Iowa State, Nebraska, Wyoming, Army, A&M, Cal, Alabama, Utah State, ULM, Missouri, Utah, Central Florida, Baylor, Air Force, Houston and Navy. We have at least one decommit from Nevada, and possibly from other schools before it's over and done with? We also have one kiddo who was willing to turn down a ship from Rice and another kid from Navy willing to transfer here as well.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Tulsa winning more area recruits

09:43 PM CST on Monday, January 29, 2007

By TODD WILLS / The Dallas Morning News

New Tulsa coach Todd Graham is already making a major impact in Dallas/Fort Worth area recruiting.

Graham and Tulsa picked up four more commitments from area recruits Monday, including one from McKinney North outside linebacker/defensive end Rashad Robinson.

Oral commitments are nonbinding. The first day a recruit can sign a national letter of intent is Feb. 7.

Robinson (6-1, 230) decided to follow Graham to Tulsa. Robinson had been committed to the Owls before Graham decided to leave Rice for Tulsa. Graham, a former coach at Allen, has eight recruits from the Dallas area.

Tulsa also got a commitment from Lincoln defensive tackle Jacoby Veals (6-2, 270) and North Crowley defensive back Reid Singleton (5-9, 168). And West Mesquite outside linebacker Richard Brooks (6-2, 205) said Monday that he switched his commitment from Texas-El Paso to Tulsa.

Tulsa winning more area recruits

09:43 PM CST on Monday, January 29, 2007

By TODD WILLS / The Dallas Morning News

New Tulsa coach Todd Graham is already making a major impact in Dallas/Fort Worth area recruiting.

Graham and Tulsa picked up four more commitments from area recruits Monday, including one from McKinney North outside linebacker/defensive end Rashad Robinson.

Oral commitments are nonbinding. The first day a recruit can sign a national letter of intent is Feb. 7.

Robinson (6-1, 230) decided to follow Graham to Tulsa. Robinson had been committed to the Owls before Graham decided to leave Rice for Tulsa. Graham, a former coach at Allen, has eight recruits from the Dallas area.

Tulsa also got a commitment from Lincoln defensive tackle Jacoby Veals (6-2, 270) and North Crowley defensive back Reid Singleton (5-9, 168). And West Mesquite outside linebacker Richard Brooks (6-2, 205) said Monday that he switched his commitment from Texas-El Paso to Tulsa.

It's a trick!!! He is telling these kids his last name is Dodge!!!! :D

Why turn GoMeanGreen Forum into a TU PR site? That coach was from the area and he will obviously take some kids out of here. Spend a few minutes surfing the last January posts on the Rice site and you can be concerned for any committing heading that direction. Best of luck to them. Has anyone ever found one that UNT was offering?

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/cusa/phpbb/v...pic.php?t=45792

I knew the fans would be pissed, but I was assuming I could find something positive from a player’s perspective…not the slightest. Correct me if I missed one. I know it’s not the same situation but contrast that to SMU players when Bennett was recently on the blocks. They had key players (QB included) threatening publicly to quit the team if he was fired. Maybe TU will be a farm team for us down the road.