Coach, STOP the defeatist

eulesseagle

UNT does not want to hear...........from the DRC these quotes, again.

1. "We are still working under very difficult circumstances, trying to survive....."

2. "I don't see this year as being any more important than any other year........"

Coach,

Can't you turn this negativity around to something more positive like....

1. "We have now turned the corner and are ready to retake the SBC crown."

2. "We did not come here to lose"***

***(quote from S.E. ...i think)

If you think like a defeatist then you have already lost.

Edited by eulesseagle

Not that it matters, but I think DD was trying to say he was hoping that his team could make it to league play without being beaten up too bad OOC:

"We are still working under very difficult circumstances, trying to survive, get into the league and be in contention at the end of the season," Dickey said. "Four out of the last five years we have been, and we were close last year."

I don't take that negatively.

Useless,

Didn't you post this in another thread already?

You whine and complain about the staff's negativity, but don't you think that may be the pot calling the kettle black.

Why start an entirely new thread? You made your useless point, already.

First of all GangGreen, it really doesn't really matter whether someone already posted or not, correct? Nod your head up and down and say yes. Good.

And secondly, Dickey is being paid good money. We are the CUSTOMER and don't let yourself ever forget that point. If someone sold you a defective product or served you lousy food and refused to make things right don't you dare tell me you wouldn't complain.

Darrell Dickey is wrong for this program PERIOD and that needs to be posted until he is no longer at UNT!

Eagle Man,

My point is that some of you are so negative that anything DD does or says is just another excuse to jump down his throat.

I agree with LongJim, I don't think what he said was negative at all. He was stating the truth.

If you would like to use the consumer marketplace as your reference point, the customer is not always right.

Some people just like to bitch and whine.

Y'all remind me of the students at UNT when I attended. No one had school spirit and everyone had the same complaints that few on this board foment repetitively.

Our Stadium Sucks

Our Coach Sucks

Our Team Sucks

Our conference sucks

Does that sound familiar? Nod your head up and down now.

The reason it sounds familiar is because y'all say the same things.

Edited by GangGreen

once again the pro-DD crowd pops back out.

We are UNT, just deal with it. Do not expect us to compete with MAC and CUSA conference champions nor within 30 points of a Top 25 school.

Let's wallow in mediocrity.

Try actually reading the posts, the angry ones are complaining that the coaches have given up on the kids before they even get on the field. The talent is there, at least we have an on-campus stadium, and the conference is what it is, but why move if can not even dominate the conference in most sports.

Put down the kool-aid guys and look at the whole 9 year and not 2 really good years from the same recruiting class.

When have I ever said I was pro DD? Look back at the history of my posts and I am sure you will see differently.

I am just sick of all this. The season is not even close to being over. We have a game tonight against our conference rival and we are nitpicking what the coach said, because it ruffled our feathers a bit.

It is counter-productive to talk about firing the coach before the season is over. Let's kick the MUTS ass and take our place at the top of the conference again.

If we falter in conference like we did last year, I'm sure I'll be on the fire DD bandwagon, also.

But for now, I will root for my team, I will root for my school, and I will root for the man running the show.

Eagle Man,

My point is that some of you are so negative that anything DD does or says is just another excuse to jump down his throat.

I agree with LongJim, I don't think what he said was negative at all. He was stating the truth.

If you would like to use the consumer marketplace as your reference point, the customer is not always right.

Some people just like to bitch and whine.

Y'all remind me of the students at UNT when I attended. No one had school spirit and everyone had the same complaints that few on this board foment repetitively.

Our Stadium Sucks

Our Coach Sucks

Our Team Sucks

Our conference sucks

Does that sound familiar? Nod your head up and down now.

The reason it sounds familiar is because y'all say the same things.

I agree we have to be more positive. Could someone clarify for me though what difficult circumstaces you think are present and what are we trying to survive? Just asking for a clarification.

I agree we have to be more positive. Could someone clarify for me though what difficult circumstaces you think are present and what are we trying to survive? Just asking for a clarification.

You'd have to ask DD for clarification of his comments, Mr. V.

I don't know of any more difficult circumstances/survival ability that's necessary other than it's always nice to have a few more $ at the programs' disposal.

Personally, I don't think that has anything to do with DD's comments, though.

It doesn't matter what the difficult circumstances are, if any. If you don't have the necessary artillery to fight a battle and win you for sure don't go and tell the enemy, do you? Why aid TCU and SMU in the recruiting battle?

A difficult circumstance to me would be finding yourself in a situation were an employee has the advantage because he signed a one-sided contract all in his favor.

The ONLY thing I was trying to convey was for Coach Dickey to make statements in a more "positive" nature ...... and I gave examples.

I don't try to read into what he was saying because I am not a psychologist but there are two ways that anyone can say something. I am just suggesting that Coach Dickey makes statements in a more positive light.

And for those who think that this is a repetitive post.......well, most everything on this board is a repetitive post by one nature or another.

Edited by eulesseagle

The ONLY thing I was trying to convey was for Coach Dickey to make statements in a more "positive" nature ...... and I gave examples.

I don't try to read into what he was saying because I am not a psychologist but there are two ways that anyone can say something.  I am just suggesting that Coach Dickey makes statements in a more positive light.

And for those who think that this is a repetitive post.......well, most everything on this board is a repetitive post by one nature or another.

I understand and I agree. There was a response that said that the statements were the "truth" and I was just inquiring as to what that fan saw as being those circumstances so we could address them or answer them.

Let's beat MTSU!