8 - 41, 97-205, 2000

NT80

8 - 41, yes 8 - 41: DD's record against non-SBC college football. Three of the wins are over Nicholls St., Samford, and ULL.

97 - 205: During the four years that we won the Sun Belt....the overall records of our SBC conference mates.

October 28, 2000....last OOC road win at opponent's stadium = at 3-8 ULL, before we joined them in the SunkBelt.

Feel better now about 1-3?

Edited by NT80

Here's some more numbers/facts:

1 . 36-36. That's the number of rushes to the number of pass attempts. Can anyone tell me the last time Hall or Smith threw the ball 36 times? Or the last time we threw the ball as much as we ran it?

2. 2-157. That's the number of kick-off returns, and the yards gained. It was bad, but its not something that can't be corrected.

3. 6-45 and 7-66. That's the number of penalties and associated yards. That's got to be an improvement.

4. Can't find a number, but I have heard many times that a Qb improves the most from year 1 to year 2. That gives me hope for next year once Woody gets another year under his belt. And using that fact, it makes me wonder how Meager couldn't put the others away during practice.

I am not gonna pump sunshine; but Sunbelt play is about to start. Besides Omar from Troy, I don't think there are athletes on teh same athletic tier as Jamario and Woody.

Right now, I'm just too tired and beat down to be mad.

Here's my concerns however.

I don't know how tailgating and other "events" are going to keep the fan growth (small and gradual as it is) going. We need to keep getting marginal fans to come to fouts so that the hard core fans can turn them into hard core fans as well. But if our season continues the way it seems to be going, I'm afraid we're going to flatten out on attendance....or worse, have another 2000 NMSU game against Florida Atlantic on Nov 18th.

I don't know what Coach Dickey is going to do when his contract runs out in 2008. The ideal situation would have been for him to get hired away from North Texas, but that obviously hasn't happened....and probably isn't going to happen. He's a good person, but he's been inflexible in his coaching approach/style, and that doesn't make you very marketable in the current college coaching business.

I don't know what Coach Dickey is going to do when his contract runs out in 2008. The ideal situation would have been for him to get hired away from North Texas, but that obviously hasn't happened....and probably isn't going to happen. He's a good person, but he's been inflexible in his coaching approach/style, and that doesn't make you very marketable in the current college coaching business.

That's probably the biggest knock on his coaching style, inflexible, and not able to adapt to the changing college game. A Run offense today is not easily successful. I think he found out this year what a mobile QB can do for his system, but his system is too predictable and it doesn't really matter if the QB can run or not (unless you're playing SMUt).