DMN blurb.NT Notebook NT to adjust Offense take

OldTimer

I'll believe it when I see it....why wasn't this done before the Tulsa game.

UNT notebook

01:11 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 20, 2006

By BRETT VITO / Denton Record-Chronicle

UNT will adjust its offense to take advantage of quarterback Woody Wilson's speed and ability to create plays outside the pocket when the junior makes his second start Saturday at Akron, coach Darrell Dickey said. Wilson started his first game last week against Tulsa and enters the weekend having completed 17-of-21 passes for 205 yards and a touchdown to go along with 52 yards rushing.

DMN

Oldtimer--

The real question is not "why was this not done last week against Tulsa" BUT why was this not done 8 years ago??? Has not this been an on going situation with Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey??

From the two other posts from local papers it is evident that:

1. Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey is not taking responsibility for the OL to knock holes (or as he likes to say zone block) through 8 stacked defensive players. Let me see......we have an average of 5 OL on the line and they have 8 waiting for us.........hummmmmmmmmm.

2. Now Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey is belittling the Kick Return Team for being # 117 out of 119 D-1 teams. He says it disappoints him and he feels sorry for Muzzy. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

3. Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey is saying that the "Offensive Plays" are too complicated. hummmmmmmmmmm. How many offensive plays do we have??? (1) run off tackle to the left. (2) run off tackle to the right (3) draw play on 3rd and long. (4) pitch to the left (5) pitch to the right (6) QB draw on 3rd and long (7) (8) (9) (10) four pass plays.

So far(t) this year I have not heard Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey take responsibility for any sub par play of the offense, defense or special teams.

What do you call someone who leads an organization that deflects his final responsibility on his co-workers failures??

Let me remind you about Akron's run "D"

1. It held Penn State University to 76 Rushing Yards this year.

2. It held NCSU to 81 Rushing Yards this year.

3. From a previous post on "Akron" (now on page 2 of gomeangreen) Akron is ranked about #42 in D-1A in Rush Defense.

4. Akron is ranked in the top 40 of Total offense.

Is Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey going to establish the RUN first to soften up their "D" so he can throw about 11 passes??? Stay Tuned. I just know he and Ramon "I KEEP ALL THE OFFENSIVE PLAYS ON MY 10 DIGITS" Flannigan are going to work up a really swell game plan.

New middle names:

Darrell "KEEP 8 IN THE BOX" Dickey, HC

Ramon "I KEEP ALL THE OFFENSIVE PLAYS ON MY 10 DIGITS" Flannigan, OC

everything he says reeks of coach speak and he truly can not believe the crap he is saying. He shelters RF by not complaining about our sick offense but has no problem attacking the special teams.

This a joke that keeps on getting worse and nothing will change in the foreseeable future. mad.gif

Oldtimer--

The real question is not "why was this not done last week against Tulsa" BUT why was this not done 8 years ago???  Has not this been an on going situation with Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey??

From the two other posts from local papers it is evident that:

1.  Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey is not taking responsibility for the OL to knock holes (or as he likes to say zone block) through 8 stacked defensive players.  Let me see......we have an average of 5 OL on the line and they have 8 waiting for us.........hummmmmmmmmm.

2.  Now Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey is belittling the Kick Return Team for being # 117 out of 119 D-1 teams.  He says it disappoints him and he feels sorry for Muzzy.  hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

3.  Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey is saying that the "Offensive Plays" are too complicated. hummmmmmmmmmm.  How many offensive plays do we have??? (1) run off tackle to the left. (2) run off tackle to the right (3) draw play on 3rd and long.  (4) pitch to the left (5) pitch to the right (6) QB draw on 3rd and long (7) (8) (9) (10) four pass plays.

So far(t) this year I have not heard Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey take responsibility for any sub par play of the offense, defense or special teams. 

What do you call someone who leads an organization that deflects his final responsibility on his co-workers failures??

Let me remind you about Akron's run "D"

1.  It held Penn State University to 76 Rushing Yards this year.

2.  It held NCSU to 81 Rushing Yards this year.

3.  From a previous post on "Akron" (now on page 2 of gomeangreen) Akron is ranked about #42 in D-1A in Rush Defense.

4.  Akron is ranked in the top 40 of Total offense.

Is Darrell "Keep 8 In The Box" Dickey going to establish the RUN first to soften up their "D" so he can throw about 11 passes???  Stay Tuned.  I just know he and Ramon "I KEEP ALL THE OFFENSIVE PLAYS ON MY 10 DIGITS" Flannigan are going to work up a really swell game plan.

New middle names:

Darrell "KEEP 8 IN THE BOX" Dickey, HC

Ramon "I KEEP ALL THE OFFENSIVE PLAYS ON MY 10 DIGITS" Flannigan, OC

This is so funny. Thanks for a morning laugh..

UNT will adjust its offense to take advantage of quarterback Woody Wilson's speed and ability to create plays outside the pocket when the junior makes his second start Saturday at Akron, coach Darrell Dickey said. Wilson started his first game last week against Tulsa and enters the weekend having completed 17-of-21 passes for 205 yards and a touchdown to go along with 52 yards rushing.

this is a smoke screen. he is confusing the Akron coaching staff and defense. then he will have them all softend up and when they are least expecting it... Boom goes the dynamite... draw play off center. it is a magnificent plan.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

this is a smoke screen. he is confusing the Akron coaching staff and defense. then he will have them all softend up and when they are least expecting it... Boom goes the dynamite... draw play off center. it is a magnificent plan.

Oh great now you gave it away.

everything he says reeks of coach speak and he truly can not believe the crap he is saying. He shelters RF by not complaining about our sick offense but has no problem attacking the special teams.

This a joke that keeps on getting worse and nothing will change in the foreseeable future.  mad.gif

Darell "keep 8 men in the box" Dickey is just talking. He has very little clue about much. You watch, I bet we get blown out saturday. I really hope we don't, but I think it is going to happen.

I said it before and I will say it again, for 12 years now, we have yet to start any better than 1-2.

Most NCAA QBs finish 1 game with those numbers, not 3.

True, but then most coaches aren't having QB competition 4 games into the season. The last interview with D "K8ITB" D, he said, I probably need to have Woody start taking most of snaps in practice to get him more familiar with our offense. BRILLIANT.