New time start rules prediction vs UT

OldTimer

NT had a lot of delay of game penalties last year...not getting the play in timely.

Watching the South Carolina/Miss State game...already several delay of game penalties due to the early clock starting.

I predict we will have similar problems....we will see, hope I am wrong.

Edited by OldTimer

how long can it take to call a run play?

A well coached team that is paying attention should never have a delay of game penalty. But, the coaches must choose a play to send in, the QB must check that the correct players are on the field to run that play. I have heard from a great many players who played in both college and high school that the play signaled in could not be run with the players on the field. Matt Simon did this on a regular basis! The QB had to change the play on the fly to match the players on the field, even if it would not work against the defense on the field!!!

A well coached team that is paying attention should never have a delay of game penalty. But, the coaches must choose a play to send in, the QB must check that the correct players are on the field to run that play. I have heard from a great many players who played in both college and high school that the play signaled in could not be run with the players on the field. Matt Simon did this on a regular basis! The QB had to change the play on the fly to match the players on the field, even if it would not work against the defense on the field!!!

I'm not sure but I don't believe DD will allow a QB to change a play that is called...seem to remember even Scott Hall had limited ability to do so...he might have had one option only....can anyone add to this ?

The clock now starts when the ref whistles"ready to play." We had trouble getting the play off under the old rule.

However, all teams will probably have some problems getting used to this new rule.

I'll be happy with no unsportsmanlike conduct or dead ball fouls.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

I was just kidding about the run play, but I was there during the Simon years, I know we had about 20 personnel packages, but I don't remember us calling plays with the wrong personell "on a regular basis". I don't know where you came up with that? I am not usually a Matt Simon apologist, but the man does have a National Championship ring and a Super Bowl ring. Maybe those weren't "well coached team" either.