PHILLIPS STARTS FOR UNT!

Travis

This is a BADDDDD call....Phillips is going to get his ass beat on saturday....If the kid shows glimpses of last season or better in preseason WHY the hell let his first major action be against a team that will just eat his lunch....if he remembers his name after this game I applaud the guy....and he is so immobile that its just gonna be like hitting a tackling dummy once theyt come thru the line....

Oh come on man... It doesn't matter who is in there, the result will likely be the same. Besides, this isn't his first major action, he did play last year. He is a big boy and can take a hit. It doesn't matter who will start, both QB's will get playing time he just gets it first. The only way he stays in is if he gives a reason to not pull him out.

Finally a starter is named!

Phillips & Wilson will get a chance to step up Saturday.

If there ever was a time to do so, one of you guys, please show us something in Austin.

I have a feeling the QB topic will be a never ending discussion this year.

Don't anyone worry - Meager will be back just as soon as DD is ready for him. I thought last week that DD would play Phillips this week so he can say to all of the fans "there I played him" and once the SMU game gets here, he will put his favorite back in. you all should know that Meager is DD's favorite.

Don't anyone worry - Meager will be back just as soon as DD is ready for him.  I thought last week that DD would play Phillips this week so he can say to all of the fans "there I played him" and once the SMU game gets here, he will put his favorite back in.  you all should know that Meager is DD's favorite.

user posted image

If this is true (and this is something I keep hearing about Phillips), why would the coaches play someome that is not all that mobile?  Is this the logical choice.

Texas has made a name for itself with mobile QB's, as of late.  Maybe the "non-mobile" QB will throw them for a loop???!?? unsure.gif

maybe they are like the Taranasaurus Rex in Jurassic Park. if we dont move they cant see us...

Don't anyone worry - Meager will be back just as soon as DD is ready for him.  I thought last week that DD would play Phillips this week so he can say to all of the fans "there I played him" and once the SMU game gets here, he will put his favorite back in.  you all should know that Meager is DD's favorite.

This is what I'm afraid of. We saw this with Andrew Smith and Scott Hall. Andrew went into the game in OOC games against first team defenses and then Hall got to come in against reserves, thus looking like the better QB, although he only played marginally better. It was almost as if Andrew was set up to fail, while he also could be said to have got his shot.

I was hoping for Wilson to get the nod, just to see a differnt style of offense......until yesterday. Last night, I got home from work and there was a letter to my 4 year old daughter "from Scrappy". It named her Junior Mean Green Club buddy as one Mr. Matt Phillips. I had a great time telling her how cool it was to have The Starting QB as her buddy, and that we'd have to get his autograph this season. She seemed excited about having the Quarterback.........Then she said she needed lots of quarters to help him. I think it was all just a ploy to get money out of me. laugh.gif

I was hoping for Wilson to get the nod, just to see a differnt style of offense......until yesterday.  Last night, I got home from work and there was a letter to my 4 year old daughter "from Scrappy".  It named her Junior Mean Green Club buddy as one Mr. Matt Phillips.  I had a great time telling her how cool it was to have The Starting QB as her buddy, and that we'd have to get his autograph this season.  She seemed excited about having the Quarterback.........Then she said she needed lots of quarters to help him.  I think it was all just a ploy to get money out of me. laugh.gif

Jamario last year and the starting QB this year??? Nice.