Now this more like it!

This 2006 Football season, the best way to kick-off your tailgating weekend is with Friday Night at Clark Park, the North Texas Pep Rally . Each Friday night before home football games (except for Homecoming * ) this FREE event will have Live music, Food, Giveaways, and Fun. The bands will start around 7:30 pm. Around 9:00 pm, A traditional pep rally will start with the North Texas Cheerleaders and Dancers, the Green Brigade Marching Band, Scrappy, Football Coaches and players, special guest and much more!!! Throughout the night, free promotional items will be thrown from the stage and distributed through the crowd. This event is not only for North Texas Students, it is for North Texas Alumni and general public too!!! Attached is a pdf flyer with all the details of Friday Night at Clark Park.

Here are the Friday Night at Clark Park dates for the 2006

September 8 (Band will be Space Monkey )

September 29

November 3

November 17

Each one will start at 7:30 pm and end around 10:00 pm

Where is Clark Park you ask. It is in the heart of campus at the corner of Highland and Avenue C, across from Clark Hall.

2006 Home Football Games

September 9th vs. SMU

September 30th vs. Middle Tennessee

October 7th vs. FIU

November 4th vs. Louisiana Tech

November 18th vs. FAU

Kickoff at 6 pm for each home game this season.

* There will not be a Friday Night at Clark Park event before the Homecoming game. The traditional spirit march, bonfire and "Yell like Hell' contest will take place in its familiar location and time.

Go Mean Green!

Jamie Adams

North Texas Athletics

Director of Promotions

I was living at Clark when they tore down the house. It took them forever to tear down because of the asbestos and general nastiness in the house. For about two weeks after they removed the house, there were about 250 beer cans laying around.

Can't say I missed a bunch of drunk guys hollering at all the girls as we passed.... dry.gif

Come on! You they were college students. You can’t expect them to be sober any more than necessary!

True, they were mostly harmless. But it scared the crap out of the little freshman girls and their daddies when they were touring the campus during orientation.

I was up in Denton on Wednesday, and was impressed with the large banners on the street corners giving the entire 2006 Football schedule.  As well as "Think Green" yardsigns spread all over town.

They're doing something.

GMG!!!

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to notice. It is fashionable to ignore what you see and bash Denton.

Edited by Buford_Julep

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to notice. It is fashionable to ignore what you see and bash Denton.

I believe I mentioned the Think Green signs a couple of weeks ago. I even suppress the urge to publicly roast the person (or toast) the person who put two on the lawn of the funeral home...

The official funeral home of the Mean Green is .... blink.gif