OU's Peterson car scandal

I found this on the non unt sports page, but it's way too good not to be on the main football page. Thanks to Long Jim for this.

http://www.oudaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART...9/4447033d25d11

Then here's the thread from the OSU fan's site that took it to the next level. Greatness!

http://oklahomastate.rivals.com/showmsg.as...45&sid=&style=2

Rick

Guest UNTMike81*

All I can say is that thread is way over the top in the best of ways. I haven't LOL'ed this hard in a long time. Special treatment's everywhere. The Kansas football coach got so MAD about this a couple of seasons ago he ran his mouth (told the trueth-it was plain to see), and the BIGXII and the NCAA nearly cut his arms and legs off.

Go Mean Green.

For those that don't care to read the OSU thread, the jist of it is that people keep on calling the dealership that gave Adrian Peterson his Lexus and asking for the "Peterson special" (or some variation). This one is pretty funny:

So I call in Spanish to make this a little more intersting

Little Misses who answers the phone is obviously clueless. No matter what I say her response is "BuenO". She finally gets frustrated and says "hold on" and puts me on hold.

I probably was on hold for a good 7 minutes. The whole time wondering no way any of their sales reps will be able to take the call. Finally when I was about to hang up and call back this guy came on the phone speaking Spanish. I befriended him for a couple of minutes when I learned that they ran to the back to get him. The dude is mechanic there. I hear a voice in the background get frustrated and say "what the heck does he want?" Right after that, Mr. Mechanic asked what I wanted and explained that he would be doing the translation for one of the sales reps. I immediately think this will be great.

So I tell Mechanic that i'm interestied in leasing a Lexus. I hear him do the translation and the response is "tell him we don't have anymore." So that is what i'm told. Grrrrrrrrreat, not only are they crooks but they are freakin racist pigs. I begin to argue that I see them online and in the newspaper. The pig once again responds that they have got rid of them all. I am than told by Pigman that they have plenty of Honda's if im interested. I tell Mr.Mechanic to tell Mr. pig "why no more Lexus? did the Oklahoma Sooner football team drop bye after practice?" So he immediately tells Mr. Piglet what i said....Complete silence.... (at this point i'm about to blow snot bubbles out im laughing so hard). I hear pigman cuss and he tells mr. mechanic to hang up on my ass.

So I quickly compose myself. Knowing that Mr. Mechanic has no idea what has transpired throughout the day(s) i immediately start talking to him to prevent him from hanging up on me. It works. I ask him what is wrong with that asshole and he tells me he is not sure. I proceed to tell him that i'm interested in "borrowing" a vehicle for a couple of weeks before returning it. No response. I tell him, "you know, the same thing that your bosses do for the oklahoma football team." I than add that my son is on the football team and he needs a car. Suprisingly he responds "(In Spanish)I hear that we are not allowed to let the football players borrow cars anymore, sorry." After pointless arguing i ask him, "could have anyone gotten that deal?." His response, "what do you think?"

He finishes by saying that he has a lot of work to do and that I would need to call back. I thank him for his time and the good laugh.

So I quickly compose myself. Knowing that Mr. Mechanic has no idea what has transpired throughout the day(s) i immediately start talking to him to prevent him from hanging up on me. It works. I ask him what is wrong with that asshole and he tells me he is not sure. I proceed to tell him that i'm interested in "borrowing" a vehicle for a couple of weeks before returning it. No response. I tell him, "you know, the same thing that your bosses do for the oklahoma football team." I than add that my son is on the football team and he needs a car. Suprisingly he responds "(In Spanish)I hear that we are not allowed to let the football players borrow cars anymore, sorry." After pointless arguing i ask him, "could have anyone gotten that deal?." His response, "what do you think?"

He finishes by saying that he has a lot of work to do and that I would need to call back. I thank him for his time and the good laugh.

Wow! That is amazing. The fact that the mechanic, who may not realize the full implications of what he just admitted happens, or has happened in the past, speaks volumes to the validity of this mess. How in hell can the NCAA not find an interest to investigate this?

Rick

One other thing of note is that during this "5 month investigation", the dealership was sold (apparently to Hudiburg), and the individual who made the deal w/Peterson "quit or was fired".

Have a feeling that that sound you hear emanating from Norman is a paper shredder working overtime.

cool.gif

And here's the latest from OSU's campus rag:

"Adrian Peterson was seen rolling around OU’s campus in a Lexus provided by Norman’s Big Red Sports & Imports. Does this represent an illegal player benefit, or does Peterson have a secret CFL contract?

MH: Here’s an interesting bit of Oklahoma State trivia: Want to know why Cowboy fans jingle their keys during football games? It’s a taunt that was begun during a Bedlam match during the 1950’s, when OU’s legendary Bud Wilkinson roamed the sidelines in Norman. Back then, OU players were under a lot of fire from coaches across the country for receiving illegal “benefits” like money, clothing, housing, and, of course, cars. Looks like some things never change...

SM: I think Peterson tried to purchase a car he couldn’t afford, found out he made a big mistake, and took it back. I also think that I will probably cure all cancer within the next 10 years and create a new form of gas that is derived from sea water and enables cars to get 80 miles to the gallon. Seriously though... a Lexus? You could have picked a more plausible vehicle to “buy,” like a Geo or a Beetle. Who mistakenly buys a Lexus?"

All I can say is that thread is way over the top in the best of ways. I haven't LOL'ed this hard in a long time. Special treatment's everywhere. The Kansas football coach got so MAD about this a couple of seasons ago he ran his mouth (told the trueth-it was plain to see), and the BIGXII and the NCAA nearly cut his arms and legs off.

Go Mean Green.

Mike Man-gina doesn't have arms or legs anymore - he is simply carted onto the filed and misted periodically to prevent his inevitable disolution into 30 some odd yards of hairy peach man-goo.

Unless you meant another coach. In that case, carry on.

Edited by Quoner