Praise for Darrell Dickey

Cooley

Jason Howell

SicEmSports.com

This spring college recruiters looking for linemen will be sure to stop through Lancaster High just south of Dallas. The Tigers feature not one but two top linemen in Anthony Morgan and Stephen Thomas.

Rivals.com

Stephen Thomas is ready to make waves at Lancaster this fall.

Thomas, who transferred from North Mesquite, comes in as one of the top defensive linemen in the state, with offers already from Texas A&M and Texas Tech and interest coming from the likes of USC, Texas, Florida St., and Oklahoma.

Morgan may not be receiving the same amount of attention as Thomas at this point but the offensive lineman is rising quickly with interest coming from Texas A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma St., Oklahoma, Kansas St., and North Texas.

While the two have not been together long, Lancaster coaches have seen enough to realize they have something special on their hands.

"We've been noticing since we put them together that the competition is just the next level," Lancaster coach Cliff Keeling said of his two senior linemen. "He (Thomas) walked in here and they had sets the first day and they matched sets evenly.

"Now Stephen's probably a little faster in the forty, but Anthony was faster in the shuttle that we put together the other day. So both of them have got a little piece of the pie, a little piece of the puzzle."

For now the duo is gearing up for what is expected to be a heated recruiting process. This spring Thomas has plans to make his way out to Texas for Junior Day, while Morgan is still trying to sort things out.

"Alabama March the fourth and Texas A&M on the same day so I've got to see which one I'm going to attend," Morgan said. "Oklahoma St. has a junior day also coming up soon."

Anthony Morgan is beginning to attract his own attention.

This summer Morgan hopes to hit the road and continue to make a name for himself by making his way to a few college campuses.

"Summer camps I'll attend a lot of one day camps; because, you know I've got to get out there," Morgan said. "So I'm going to be moving around a lot, and then sticking in the weight room and getting stronger for senior year.

"It's kind of too early, but I've thought of a few schools like Texas, Texas Tech, maybe Baylor. I might try to go to one out of state a couple of them out of state maybe two or three things like Oklahoma."

Thomas on the other hand is mainly focusing on staying around Lancaster and preparing for the 2006 season.

"We're going to see what we can do this summer and get together as a team," Thomas said. "Get stronger and faster and take that step towards a state championship. First we're going to work on a division championship and then we're going to make that step and go through the playoffs and get to the state so that's basically it."