Jacob Baker

Marty

Mart quarterback Roddy Green committed to play football at the University of Houston during his visit to the school last weekend. That commitment seems to have touched off a whirl of activity in Mart.

Roberson kept busy Tuesday night at the Mart-Hearne basketball game by hosting an assembly of college coaches. Scouts from Abilene Christian, North Texas, Houston and MCC were in attendance to see the Panthers hoops showdown with Hearne. More specifically, they were there to see Green, Ryan Kyle and Jacob Baker.

Baker, a linebacker, is scheduled to visit North Texas this weekend. Angelo State has offered him a scholarship, but he hasn't committed there, and Abilene Christian is starting to show interest.

“He's gotten to be a hot commodity,” Mart coach Tommy Roberson said about Baker. “I'm glad for him because I think he deserves it.”

Roberson said Kyle, an offensive and defensive lineman, is leaning toward signing with the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, though he still might visit Hardin-Simmons, which has also shown interest in Mart utility back/defensive back Squirt Scott.

“I think we'll have three that will sign and possibly four on signing day,” Roberson said.