ULL

NT91

user posted image

Don't act like you guys did it when it mattered. The fact is each of us needed the other to do something for us to go bowling.

You needed us to beat ULM. We needed you to lose to UNT.

We all know who the best team in the league was coming down the stretch.

Did you see the score of our game? Trust me. We easily could have hung 80 on them. I can't wait for next year ArkStFan.

P-A-Y-B-A-C-K

I certainly do. Congrats on your comeback for the season CN. You guys will be tough next year for sure.

Rick

I've always wondered what kind of fans we would be if we were to have a losing season... 

I hope Arky wins. Good luck and I'm sorry it's not on bourbon this year.  Just won't be the same.

Did you see how ASU played? They'll need to make major improvements on special teams. Their defense also has some holes that will need to be patched up. Look for the same situation we had last year where Southern Miss. game-planned us exceptionally well and executed with near perfection.

Did you see how ASU played?  They'll need to make major improvements on special teams.  Their defense also has some holes that will need to be patched up.  Look for the same situation we had last year where Southern Miss. game-planned us exceptionally well and executed with near perfection.

Well maybe if our team hadn't been out all night partying and had actually concentrated on a GAME PLAN rather than the next grenade, we might have looked a bit better.

Congrats to ArkState. It's not really a bad thing to have a new rep in the bowl. My word of advice: study hard and execute. Beat So. Miss!

There is no question that the Cajuns are the hottest team in the league. I've said on the Sun Belt board that I think Bustle should get coach of the year for getting together a 5 game win streak that started BEFORE Babb got healthy.

ASU obviously won the games that mattered most because we took a share of the title and the bowl berth.

The Cajuns didn't, you won the game that mattered to ASU and you won the game that mattered to taking a share of the title but not what mattered for the bowl berth. You gave up 28 to an FAU team that crossed midfield twice in regulation against ASU and one of those was an int return that set-up three plays and negative net yards. You had ASU ready to be knocked out in Jonesboro and gave up 25 fourth quarter points to an offense that most Belt fans think sucks. Win either of those games and you aren't having to count UNT winning.

If I were projecting next year, I'd say the teams to watch will be the Cajuns, MTSU, FIU and UNT. Arkansas State is losing it's QB, two top tailbacks, and our placekicker just to name a few. ULM has some tough graduation losses. Troy is probably only slightly improved and FAU doesn't appear to have the quality of depth returning that FIU has.

I don't expect to be in the hunt next year which makes the bowl berth all that more important to us.

The bad news for the bowl is we lost our fourth starting defensive lineman for the season last Saturday when Flagg tore his ACL.

Well maybe if our team hadn't been out all night partying and had actually concentrated on a GAME PLAN rather than the next grenade, we might have looked a bit better.

Rachel, you ASSUME that we have a game plan most of the time (among other things). We made what looked like no changes in offense and defense and kept trying to stuff the ball up the middle in the second half. If coaches had a clue on how to use our talent effectively (Phillips is NOT a rollout passer, Meager is), then we'd see much improvement in the quality of play.

The only reason this game was close is because of exception play by Quinn and Cobbs.

Edited by UNTFan23