Are we out of the race?

Ibleedgreen

Basically.  Even if we tie for the conference championship, we'll have a losing record so any team that finishes 6-5 will go instead of us.

I can't believe our only hope is pretty much for every team in the SBC to finish with a losing record. If that happens, oh my. . . . And, looking at the games left to be played, it's still very very possible sad.gif

MootPoint is right on point (skip shot there!).

Seriously, per the Sun Belt standings, shockingly we are still very much in this!

If we win out, we'd have the edge over

* Arkansas State (that'd be 3 losses)

* La-Monroe (2 losses but we have the tiebreaker)

* IF La-Monroe beats Middle Tennessee (that'd be 3 losses)

* IF La-Monroe or FIU beats La-Lafayette (that'd be 3 losses)

* IF Middle Tennessee or Arkansas State beats Troy (that'd be 3 losses).

Pretty crazy, but plausible. Will someone step up & win this dang conference?!?

----Personally at this point, I hope we tie for the conference title but someone else gets the bowl game... We aren't that good and I don't want to see another pounding. It would likely be better for the conference to have another team win once in a while but I don't want to just give it to them.

How can we win six to become Bowl eligible?  If not bowl eligible does it really matter? sad.gif

A Conference Champion, even if not Bowl eligible with 6 wins, can be given a waiver to play in a Bowl. However, I believe the Bowl Committee has the right to not ask for the waiver, although being in Lafayette they probably would, and then they may still get to pick the Bowl rep if a tie exists. ArkStFan will explain all the senerios soon I'm sure.

This is a rebuilding year for us, and with some of the lopsided losses we've incurred and 6 losses total, it would be hard to discribe this years team as bowl-worthy.

That being said, I would love to see this team win out and tie for the Sun Belt Conference championship. Championship rings for the team would be outstanding even if it does not merit a bowl trip at the end of the season.

Sun Belt Champions 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, .....KEEP THE STREAK ALIVE!