the debate on DD

Mean'n'Green07

This primarily in response to stebo.

I think you made some excellent points in why to give DD another year and another chance. Thats the logical thing to do and thats why I would bet my tuition money even if he has another 2 seasons like that we'd keep him.

However, I think the main backlash against DD comes from his apathetic coaching style this year. From what I understand he still thinks the offense is fine, defense is doing ok and no adjustments need to be made in the games at all.

I realize the arguement can be made that this is a rebuilding year and he wants to give new players experience in our offensive system, but shouldn't some types of adjustments be made?!? Doesn't he still want to be competitive in games even if we're rebuilding?

It's not that we're losing games right now that pisses me off, its how we're losing them Example: K-state beats us but we at least make some changes, make the game a bit closer (I think you can plug any team we've played this season into that statement)

I really hope theres something I don't understand or I'm analyzing this wrong.

It's not that we're losing games right now that pisses me off, its how we're losing them Example: K-state beats us but we at least make some changes, make the game a bit closer (I think you can plug any team we've played this season into that statement)

the example is supposed to be what we should be doing in a rebuilding year, not what we're doing right now

The main complaint I remember hearing from players in the late 90's was that he always seemed more interested in future seasons than the current. I suspect that is a large part of why we are not only getting beat this season, but beaten so badly. The whole season is just one large spring practice.

He suspects, accurately I think, that all will be forgiven if he can put together a good squad next year (though I think he is really building for the season after that)

Anyway, just my opinion based on what I've heard from guys in the past. Someone correct me if I am way off base....

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth

The main complaint I remember hearing from players in the late 90's was that he always seemed more interested in future seasons than the current.  I suspect that is a large part of why we are not only getting beat this season, but beaten so badly.  The whole season is just one large spring practice.

He suspects, accurately I think, that all will be forgiven if he can put together a good squad next year (though I think he is really building for the season after that)

Anyway, just my opinion based on what I've heard from guys in the past.  Someone correct me if I am way off base....

I can understand that, thats why the win-loss record necessarily isnt that important to me this year. The way we keep losing them is though. Shouldn't we be showing a little bit of progress? Don't get me wrong firing DD would be folish just because of one bad season out of the past 5, but the way we're losing just seems like nothing positive is happening in terms of improving for the next week/season/etc.