off topic but MBA's

WIFE2HOT4U

The total program cost for the Texas MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth for the

class entering in August 2006 includes $67,500 for tuition and fees,

$3500 for books and materials, and $3500 for the residential component,

for a total of $74,500. Payment is split by the 5 semesters.

Program, tuition and registration fees: $67,500

Required books and materials for the program: $700 per semester

Residential Component: $700 per semester

And how much, man maybe I just don't get it but $70K? For UT....

How much is NT?

The 70k is very expensive, but the UT program is ranked very high nationally. That 70k alos includes the fact that they put you up in a hotel for a weekend (the program meets in a hotel in grapevine one weekend a month).

I have never heard of UNT's program being ranked with UT, Carnegie Melon, or the other heavy hitters in the MBA world.

The UT degree may get you more interviews and a higher initial starting salary, but after that you're on your own. My UNT MBA has served me very well at considerably less cost. After you've been working at something for three or four years, no one gives a damn where your degree was earned...you are judged by your performance. I have fired Texas and Baylor duds.

For what it's worth, I took 12 hours of MBA coursework at highly-ranked SMU in the middle of my program for work location/logistical reasons. The classroom demands and challenges at UNT were greater and I found my professors to be better grounded in the nitty gritty of business at UNT. Had a 4.0 at SMU and didn't come close to that at UNT.

If the class schedule at UNT works for you, save some money and get a quality UNT MBA. You will have many quality job offers (depending on your major, of course) unless you want to work in finance in some God-awful place like New York If you are committed to the Metroplex or Texas, go UNT.

The preceeding was a public service announcement. biggrin.gif

Agree with B-S. The ranking thing IS a game, and an expensive one. What departments do to score points in that game and make their schools look good does not necessarily correlate with the quality and performance of its graduates. Since someone was looking for a number, UNT was ranked around 83 overall when I was in grad school, but various departments can be raked very high OR off the map. Like I said, it depends on your major.

uuuuuhhhhhuuuuummmmm

that price is for an E MBA

there is a HUGE difference between an MBA from the main campus and the EMBA

it cost that much for a reason

i suggest you look and see how it is taught and the length of time it takes

these degrees are for people with a number of years of experience

people take these courses so that they can bump up at their place of employment for the most part and many of them probably are having work pay for it as well

so the cost is surely worth it to MANY if not all of them

UNT has no EMBA program at all

which is no surprise!

Edited by UNTClueLess