UNT in other conferences

eulesseagle

Gakusei

You listed the schools have some facts before making statements

Oh no you and smug don't like facts...

First of all, I don't even know who you are.

Second of all, all the schools you listed are BCS schools outside of Gonzaga and Pepperdine who are both very well known schools that actually make money on basketball. BCS schools, since you obviously can't comprehend this, get tons of money from football because it's a corrupt system. Maybe you've been living under a rock.

Look at any school that doesn't get BCS funds, and you'll see those numbers you posted earlier in the thread about NT. Even at the pinnacle of our game, we're losing over $1.5 million on football.

I don't even know why I'm responding. At least when I get into it with someone like FFR, Lorenzo, or emmitt, I know they're just as passionate about this stuff as I am and have donated time and/or money to the school.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if I'm to believe what you're saying, football drives the bus at Duke, Gonzaga, Pepperdine, Stanford, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Arizona State, Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, Marquette, Louisville, DePaul, etc etc....?

Don't get me wrong, some of those have fine football programs, but they're basketball schools.  And if you think football is the money-maker for anyone but BCS schools, all I can do is laugh.  CUSA is about to see a gigantic cut in their television contracts because of all the basketball losses they took in this round of realignment.

Gak, your quote above is what folks are arguing about. You listed 15 schools and 10 have been BcS schools since the BcS' inception. When PHScoach called you on this, you remarked about them being BCS Conference schools. He was just listing the revenues/expenses of the schools you listed.

I understand what you are saying, but this is what is confusing about your arguement.

Gak, your quote above is what folks are arguing about.  You listed 15 schools and 10 have been BcS schools since the BcS' inception.  When PHScoach called you on this, you remarked about them being BCS Conference schools.  He was just listing the revenues/expenses of the schools you listed.

I understand what you are saying, but this is what is confusing about your arguement.

Well, what I was responding to was the notion that there's "only 2 or 3 real basketball powerhouses" or something like that, and football pulls the rest, insinuating that every school that has football defines it as its primary sport. I can guarantee you that's not the case at any of the schools I listed.

And none of this "let's pay attention to basketball" sentiment erases the fact that there is not 1, no not even 1, basketball-centric school in the south. 

We should support baskeball and give it more attention...congrats on that nobel prize Gak. 

).

The list: Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, North Carolina State.and until lately Louisville (several final 4's). Houston and Phi Slamma Jamma was fairly well known for a while, a Astrodome basketball game from the 60's was the game with the highest attendence until lately and still may be for a regular season game...

Most are BCS schools but rarely have football teams of note---they get most of their attention from basketball.

Proof: .. I can name several basketball coaches from those schools (past and present)... I struggle to name any of their football coaches besides Bear Bryant from the early '50s ( he went from Ken. to A&M ).

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66