We are not the only one rebranding!

letsgiveacheer

Here in Durham, there is another school beside Duke; NC Central University. They too launched their new logo yesterday. It seemed to be a big deal. They passed out t-shirts to all students, brought in the band, cheerleaders, etc, and whooped it up. Acording to the Durham, paper, the rebranding effort cost $17,000 and was done by a NYC ad agency.

It looks a little familiar, but there is only so much one can do with an eagle.

www.nccu.edu/campus/athletics/ad091905.html

Here in Durham, there is another school beside Duke; NC Central University. They too launched their new logo yesterday. It seemed to be a big deal. They passed out t-shirts to all students, brought in the band, cheerleaders, etc, and whooped it up. Acording to the Durham, paper, the rebranding effort cost $17,000 and was done by a NYC ad agency.

It looks a little familiar, but there is only so much one can do with an eagle.

www.nccu.edu/campus/athletics/ad091905.html

Yeah, I saw that. Do you live in Durham? I thought I was the only Mean Green representative out here! smile.gif

Well, we did do a few things. I know the "official" unveiling ceremony was mostly alumni and the media, but a few of the organizations have been advertising.

Housing had hundreds of new shirts made up, and is passing them out to anyone who walks by (not sure if they've got shirts left). They're not only the new logo, but the new green as well.

In addition, the bookstore has really started stocking up on the new stuff. I wish we could have gone to the new green this year, because it'll be confusing to see people with 14 different shades of green, but I guess you can chalk it up to us being a liberal arts school expressing our own freedom of color. laugh.gif