SBC to get new website

SUMG

The Sun Belt Conference will launch an enhanced website on July 13, the conference announced today. The Sun Belt Conference has selected XOS Network, a division of XOS Technologies, Inc. (XOS) to deliver a full-service, customized public and premium Web site to provide Sun Belt Conference fans with a broad range of real-time information and content about the conference’s athletic teams. As part of the agreement, XOS will design and implement a platform to manage all of the content and subscription service areas of the new SBC Web site (www.sunbeltsports.org). The XOS Network on-line fan management platform is designed specifically for college athletic departments and professional sports teams. XOS has completed similar interactive, rich-media Web sites for the University of Arizona (www.arizonaathletics.com), University of Nebraska (www.huskers.com), University of Oregon (www.goducks.com), and the official site of the Arena Football League (www.arenafootball.com).

“We are very excited about our new and enhanced website and to be partnering in this endeavor with a first-class operation such as XOS Network,” Sun Belt Conference Commissioner Wright Waters said. “This will be a tremendous asset to our fans and will enable them to access thorough sport specific information and content from anywhere in the world. It will also better enable the media who cover our schools to receive information in a more efficient and timely manner. Our conference is continuing to improve in many areas, and this represents another significant step forward for us.”

In addition to designing a premium content Web site for the Conference, XOS will enable the conference to sell subscriptions and advertising on the site. E-commerce tools will allow for the promotion of merchandise items throughout the site on specific pages as well as through targeted e-mails. XOS will also provide a range of publishing tools, hosting, archiving and storage capabilities as well as on-going content management training.

“We are encouraged by the Sun Belt Conference’s decision to be among the growing number of athletic organizations that are turning to XOS to create and manage their online presence,” said Dan Aton, president and CEO of XOS. “Today’s sports fans want access to comprehensive information quickly and seamlessly. Through this new partnership, Sun Belt fans will be able to view live events, retrieve an abundance of statistics and real-time information, purchase merchandise, and much more from a state-of-the-art Web portal.”

THE SUN BELT CONFERENCE

The Sun Belt Conference, one of only eleven NCAA conferences to participate in Division 1-A football and basketball, embarks on its 30th season in 2005-2006 with a proud history of athletic and academic success. Each of the 19 sports (9 men, 10 women) sponsored by the conference has seen numerous team and individual accomplishments, and eleven Sun Belt Conference schools are graduating its student athletes at a rate higher than their school’s student body. With a permanent seat on the NCAA’s 16-member Board of Directors, the Sun Belt Conference has a crucial voice on some of the most pressing issues in college athletics and will always have a role in the implementation of any future NCAA legislation and guidelines. The league’s expanded television contract with ESPN, ESPNU and ESPN Regional Television will result in more national and regional television exposure for the conference in 2005-2006 than at any time in its history.

XOS TECHNOLOGIES, INC.

In its mission to offer one-stop technology solutions geared to help sports teams and leagues win on and off the field, XOS Technologies has developed four product lines – Digital Video Editing Coaching Tools, Facilities Design & Integration, XOS Network On-Line Fan Management Platform and XOS Total Ticketing & Donor Management Solution – which help teams and leagues integrate video, data, teaching and fan management technologies to assure maximum return on each technology investment. XOS Technologies’ audio, video, computer, software and Internet products can be found at practice facilities, arenas and on the road across the country. XOS’ more than 600 clients include teams in the NFL, AFL, CFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, MLS and NCAA. For additional information, please visit: www.xostech.com.

Well, if they do as shoddy a job on the Belt site as they did on ours I'm not looking foreward too it. Half our links still bounce off NMSUs and UTEPs web domains.

I seem to have err'd.

http://www.nmnathletics.com is the company that hosts www.MeanGreenSports.com. Now, I haven't come across any links that point to NMSU's or UTEP's domain. NMSU doesn't even use the same hosting company/web portal software we do, but UTEP does. I know I have seen some links that point to http://www.nmnathletics.com, which is New Media Networks, not NMSU.

I'm not sure how XOS Technologies fits into the website, but they look like multimedia experts. XOS might have even designed the software for the portal we're using now.

And if any of the pages do navigate to UTEP's site, then it was hard coded into the page and needs to be fixed, although I tried to pull up NT pages through the UTEP website and couldn't get a NT page to pull up. I could be proven wrong if a link can be provided however.

It must be nmnathletics.com instead of nmsu, I didn't pay that much attention. As for the utep stuff, any time i went to merchandise or a few other of the side bar links I would get our merchandise, but with the url at the top uteps website. I just checked to see if I could get it to come up and it seems they have fixed the errors though i do still get a few that go to nmnathletics.

It must be nmnathletics.com instead of nmsu, I didn't pay that much attention.  As for the utep stuff, any time i went to merchandise or a few other of the side bar links I would get our merchandise, but with the url at the top uteps website.  I just checked to see if I could get it to come up and it seems they have fixed the errors though i do still get a few that go to nmnathletics.

I wouldn't worry 'bout urls pointing to nmnathletics since UTEP's and Okie St's both did the same thing where "premium" content is concerned, so long as you never actually switch to another schools website by accident.