North Texas Specialty License Plates

MGW

Here is what the current plates look like:

user posted image

I really dislike the "UNT" snazzy logo that was developed when I was in school in the late 1990s. Do you think there is any hope of changing the logo to the green Texas flag? I sure wish we marketed that thing more - the one that is flown on the alumni side at football games - the one WITHOUT the dorky emblem in place of the star.

Your thoughts? blink.gif

Ohhhh geeez....www.unt.edu/inhouse/august172001/untlicenseplates.htm I guess we are all stuck with the ugly unt emblem. This is soooo annoying. I really wanted that green eagle one. Just cause the football team decided to switch from the eagles to mean green doesn't mean we have to drop our mascot in all other areas!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Ohhhh geeez....www.unt.edu/inhouse/august172001/untlicenseplates.htm I guess we are all stuck with the ugly unt emblem. This is soooo annoying. I really wanted that green eagle one.  Just cause the football team decided to switch from the eagles to mean green doesn't mean we have to drop our mascot in all other areas!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

I agree!!!! The Eagles has been our mascot forever. Now I do like the Mean Green nickname, but I hate to see us go away from the eagle. The eagle is our tradition.

I don't think you can still get the eagle-head one. Go the to Texas vehicle registration office or web site, they have the only plates available at them. The universities decide on their one plate (1) but can change their design if they want (UT has and UNT did too to the star-logo design).

I'd be happy just to never see another one of those "UNT DEGREES WORK" bumper stickers.

No Doubt. It is as if there was some question as to even the validity of the degree itself.

OR as if the makers of the bumper sticker thought people were asking themselves, "I wonder if a North Texas Degree would even help me?"