I say we stay put and fight

We have to adjust to the circumstances or we are cowards.  Don't forget the serenity prayer.  Yes this NCAA thing and NIL is a mess but it will ultimately work its way out one way or another.  The university has directed too much towards facilities and the programs to walk away.   And I like what another poster said, let's band together with other G5 and sue the hell out of them.  They all receive federal funding and any judge and jury would see this as monopolistic. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

What has the NCAA done for UNT and where does it fit in the future. No way in hell should they be negotiating a financial commitment for UNT. You look at the NIL lawsuit and a lot of the claims could also be the same claims for G4’s. Combine and take legal action.

• Upvote 3

I’m out at the Big 12 Baseball Tournament this week and we are all in the same boat. Kansas State, TCU, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech are all going to run into the same issues we are. They have good but not huge fanbases. Their top talent will be poached by the two leagues. They will have connectivity issues between players and fans like we will. They will have trouble getting their fans to dump money into the black hole that is players salaries. We actually have a heck of a recruiting edge over many places and we need to use that leverage immediately: 

1. Smoking business climate.

2. Top sports market in the country. 
3. Countless cultural experiences. 
4. Robust shopping nightlife scene.

5. Mild winters.

6. No state income tax. 

When this movement takes on a full throttle professional business model, UNT will be poised to compete and lure talent equal to those not in the SEC and Big. We will need to professional horses in the Athletic Department. But I like our potential. Live work and showcase in DTX, Stillwater, Albuquerque, Boston, Corvallis, Ames or Boca Raton. You can see how this could possibly play out. 

Yes, go in sell and fight. 
GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, NM Green said:

I’m out at the Big 12 Baseball Tournament this week and we are all in the same boat. Kansas State, TCU, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech are all going to run into the same issues we are. They have good but not huge fanbases. Their top talent will be poached by the two leagues. They will have connectivity issues between players and fans like we will. They will have trouble getting their fans to dump money into the black hole that is players salaries. We actually have a heck of a recruiting edge over many places and we need to use that leverage immediately: 

1. Smoking business climate.

2. Top sports market in the country. 
3. Countless cultural experiences. 
4. Robust shopping nightlife scene.

5. Mild winters.

6. No state income tax. 

When this movement takes on a full throttle professional business model, UNT will be poised to compete and lure talent equal to those not in the SEC and Big. We will need to professional horses in the Athletic Department. But I like our potential. Live work and showcase in DTX, Stillwater, Albuquerque, Boston, Corvallis, Ames or Boca Raton. You can see how this could possibly play out. 

Yes, go in sell and fight. 
GMG

I thought our recruiting focus was on the state of Texas and more narrowly the Dallas-Ft. Worth talent pool.  So the recruits are already living in/experiencing the benefits you list.  I guess it would not be luring talent here as much as keeping it here and pointing out the negative aspects of going elsewhere.  I think the problem we face is that in the mind of 17-18 year old high school players, there is an allure of being recruited out of state by so called "bigger" programs.  It confers upon them an additional status symbol to strut in front of their friends and peers. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1