Women's Golf: Bermuda Run Regional

The women currently sit in sixth place just past the halfway point of round 2.  They are +1 on the tournament and -4 on today, one stroke ahead of Oregon St. and six strokes out of 5th place, currently occupied by MS St.  The top 5 teams from each regional advance to the NCAA tournament.  I believe the top 5 individuals from teams not advancing also advance, but I could be off on that.

Our top player individually is Bouquet Subsomboon who is T13.  She has moved up nine sports on the day.  Ellie Roth is T17, up five spots on the day.

image.png.67e5f9554573396c06da4c5190f40156.png

Leaderboard as of 11:45am on 5/7/24

• Upvote 1

The Ladies had a strong second round and are now is 6th place (-1) just three strokes behind fifth place Tennessee and four strokes behind fourth place Mississippi St.

Individually, Roth and Subsomboon are T10th at -3 for the tournament.

The third and final round is tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

https://meangreensports.com/news/2024/5/7/blistering-round-puts-womens-golf-in-hunt-for-nationals

BERMUDA RUN, N.C. - A strong finish to Tuesday's second round at the NCAA Regional at Bermuda Run Country Club put the UNT women's golf squarely in the hunt for a top-five finish on Wednesday, which would earn a spot in the NCAA Championship later this month.

The Mean Green fired a 7-under 281 to tie for the second-best round of the day and enter Wednesday's final round in sixth place at 2-under par, just two shots back of fifth-place Tennessee and three shots back of fourth-place Mississippi State.

The top five teams after Wednesday's final round will advance to the NCAA Championship on May 17-22, in Carlsbad, California. 

Unfortunately, the ladies are having a tough day, (+11 today),  and currently sit in 7th place twelve strokes out of fifth place.  Nothing to be ashamed of, but it would have been nice to see them compete better today.

Just shoot even par today and they advance.  I just don't get how you are 23 strokes worst one day from the next.  Wait, yes I do, but not for this team.