Tough Times for smuT

17 hours ago, greenminer said:

Indiana state ties the game at around 8:40 remaining, and pulled away for the comfy win.

not sure what you got that from.

EDIT: maybe you’re speaking of a different game.

My bad. Up ten, 74-64, with 10 minutes left. Details🤷. SMU still choked and sucks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

My bad. Up ten, 74-64, with 10 minutes left. Details🤷. SMU still choked and sucks. 

It was closer to 11 minutes for that score, and anyone who knows basketball will tell you a 10 point lead with 10 minutes left is not safe.  There are choke jobs, and this is not one of them.

I can tell you're intentionally reaching to dog pile on an old rival. 🤣

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

It was closer to 11 minutes for that score, and anyone who knows basketball will tell you a 10 point lead with 10 minutes left is not safe.  There are choke jobs, and this is not one of them.

I can tell you're intentionally reaching to dog pile on an old rival. 🤣

Dick Wolf Fbi GIF by CBS

Did you watch the game?  smuT gagged.  They were up 74-67 with 9:58 left to play and were outscored 34-18 from that point on.  Their possessions went turnover, Foul, missed three, missed three, 1-2 FT's, missed 3, missed 3, missed 3, 2 Fouls, Missed FG, Timeout, Made FG, Made Dunk, missed FT, Timeout, made two FT's, Foul, and missed FG.  They went from leading by seven to losing 101-92.  Choked.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

There are lots of names out there for that, Lifer! Cold shooting.  A dry spell.  There's some overlap here, but they are not always the same.  I equate choking to late game collapses.

Instead of thinking maybe the other team made the adjustments it needed to, let's just pile it on those Ponies, right?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, greenminer said:

There are lots of names out there for that, Lifer! Cold shooting.  A dry spell.  There's some overlap here, but they are not always the same.  I equate choking to late game collapses.

Instead of thinking maybe the other team made the adjustments it needed to, let's just pile it on those Ponies, right?

the amanda show nicksplat GIF

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Thanks for your opinion of choking. I disagree. I watched the game and they choked. 

Never thought I would get in a back and worth with one of our own defending smuT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1