Can UNT use portal losses to our advantage?

Like can we make lemons out of lemonade?

Can we sell the next great point guard or perhaps the replacement for Varkeys Gumms that if you come here you could propel yourself to a Blue Blood program like Drez to Georgia?  Just wondering if any of your MBAs have some business ideas on how to use this circumstance to your advantage.

• Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

50 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Like can we make lemons out of lemonade?

Can we sell the next great point guard or perhaps the replacement for Varkeys Gumms that if you come here you could propel yourself to a Blue Blood program like Drez to Georgia?  Just wondering if any of your MBAs have some business ideas on how to use this circumstance to your advantage.

This kind of was GMac’s way of thinking:  I want what’s best for you. If that’s here, or somewhere else, that’s what I want for you. 

In his way of thinking, it’s not really a farm system. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

No different than pro athletes signing 1 year "prove it" deals to get that long-term big money contract. I don't like it but if that's the direction things are going with NIL and the portal than so be it. I don't see how college sports ever goes back to how it used to be. Such a shame. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1