Mavericks trade for Carter?

Just heard on ESPN Radio that the Mavs are interested in acquiring half-man half-amazing Vince Carter in a three team deal.

I'm not as down on Carter as some are, but I'm not convinced he can carry a team. Of course he wouldn't have to in the Mavs lineup though. I would have to see who the Mavs would get rid of, and what it means for the salary cap now and in the future before I knew if I liked it or not.

One thing he instantly brings to the team is someone who scores by driving the lane. He won't stand around and jack up threes. He also runs the court well, which fits the Mavs style. We'll see how this turns out.

I say get him here...injury prone or not. As Steven A. Smith said, he's "box office." It's not like we need to put on a better show or anything, but he does attack the rim unlike anyone else on the Mavs currently. Shoot let him play the 3 and he can kick to our strictly shooting guard Finley. I assume that getting rid of Stackhouse would be a part of this deal, at least I'd hope so. I think they said that one of the pieces would be Walker, another good thing in my opinion.

Steven A made a good point on SC that Carter won't be traded for two reasons

1. He still is under contract for another 4 or 5 years with Toranto, they don't have to trade him if they don't want to.

2. You don't tradea guy that puts butts in the seat like Carter for someone who isn't a "showstopper" attraction. Toranto would lose too much fan draw by getting rid of Carter.

Plus how many more guards do we need in a Mavs uni? The list continues to grow and we still haven't got a presence int he middle.

Guest e-bone

With Walker, Stackhouse, and Laettner, there is no way the Mavs are done dealing. I just hope that we try to get rid of those players and not have to trade Josh Howard.

Plus how many more guards do we need in a Mavs uni?  The list continues to grow and we still haven't got a presence int he middle.

Last offseason the Mavs traded small for big AND old for young, and STILL got ripped.

I agree with Screaming A.'s points, but it's still fun to speculate and hey, Shaq got traded today so anything can happen.