Best frustrating game all year

bandgeek

I know it's bad that we lost, but that was one hell of a game, and it was great to see the Pit rocking tonight. It's unbelievable how many missed opportunities we had in the end... just too many rushed shots, and of course the free throws.

On the good side though, I think the excitment of the game was great for attendance, and I think it will be interesting to see if we can get that big of a crowd (or dare I say bigger) on Saturday.

We did the same thing in an OT home loss to Middle Tennessee last Saturday. We obviously feel very fortunate to survive your offensive rebounding. Your guys shot the ball poorly from the floor and especially from the stripe.

What a great, intense game though. I have to second the thoughts on the crowd. I was at the women's game tonight (won by UNO by 2 points) and was listening to the men's game on the radio. Your crowd sounded great and the "feel" of the game was electric. Great competition. I can't wait to see the rematch in a month or so.

That was definitely one of the most intense basketball games I have been to at NT. Despite the loss, it was great!! The entire Pit was on their feet there at the end. We were standing with the football team - Patrick Cobbs and Ja'Mel Branch on my right smile.gif - screaming our heads off! My stomach hurt after the game from all the cheering, and my voice is fading.... but it was a lot of fun. What a heartbreaker!

Oh man!! Big complaint from tonight: so there were TONS of students standing over there behind the visiting team (even greeks!) and the event staff kept getting onto us for standing and blocking people's view....... THERE WAS NO ONE BEHIND US!!! The section was EMPTY!!! And they got onto us several times because more and more people would join us down there and hadn't been there for the previous complaints not knowing any better. Why not let students fill up what they can? Why not have us back there the hassel the opposing team? The coaches always thank us for being out there and getting loud and routy. JJ and SLinker both thanked us on the coaches show Monday night. I don't get it????

It was an extremely exhausting game to be at, and probably the most electric I've ever seen the Pit. I do have to say that that was the worst officiating I've ever seen. The Sun Belt needs real officials who know what reaching over the back, charging, blocking, traveling, etc are. I saw multiple times where New Orleans were slapping all over Shawnson, block calls where our guy was set, charging calls where their guy wasn't even close to set, etc.

Great game, but these refs couldn't handle a peewee game.

Edited by Gakusei

I was thankful Zeke wasn't there, we might have lost him tonight.

This exact thing happend last season with UNO. Towe stomps around the court, gets in refs faces, and they don't do a thing about it. Then they start listening to him. What does he do that allows him to get away with that. A ref argued with him once. What the hell is that? T that tiny mofo up and let him know you are calling the game, not him. Sadly tonight it was the opposite, Towe had the refs nuts in his hands. He got them to call EVERYTHING down low, and he got Johnson fouled out. This also got his three posts fouled out and almost backfired when Barnett was able to back in their less than first rate posts for a couple of baskets. But it worked out for him in the end. That was a chance he was more than willing to take and it worked. In my time as a Super Pit Junkie, I have never seen a coach control the officiating crew more than that short SOB. The only thing I can compare it to is Troy Hamm when he coached at Krum. Yes, it was that bad.

It was great fun meeting with you last night.  I'm going to miss the

saturday night game against South Alabama.  I've got to work.  Thanks for the dog at the tailgate party.

It was good meeting you. Since you have been in your seat at the Pit so long, where would you have ranked that game and the atmosphere as compared to previous seasons?

GMG!!!

Top twenty or so. Beating Texas was huge. We played Memphis

state (when they were) when they were ranked in the top 5 and had a lot of energy. One of my all time favorites was the second year we played

DePaul. We were at their place the first year. When they came in here, they were ranked #1 in the nation. This was during the Kenneth Lyons era (Pat Hicks, Delonte Taylor, Furmia Neely, with Bill Blakeley coaching). The game was hyped about Lyons and

Mark Aguire being the top two players in the nation. They were after each other all game. Finally Lyons threw aguire OVER the NT bench. No kidding OVER. We lost but what fun. Ithought last night's game was that kind of game. But I'd rather win. Just win baby.