Proof of bad call

IronMan4

The refs whistled ShoJo for a tech on this play for hanging on the rim. Everyone there except the ref saw there were people under the basket (in which case you can hang for an extra second to come down safely), but this picture from the Daily proves it. Using basketball sense, why would he hang on his own goal with a live ball nearby unless someone was under him, and not only that, but they let at least one obvious case for this violation slide earlier in the game. Bad call all the way around, and I'm glad the team overcame all the obstacles to slug out the win. Let's get up to .500 Thursday guys.

user posted image

It wasn't even the ref that was underneath the basket that made the call. It was the one behind the FIU player in the pic.

#51 would have crushed #2 had he come down on top of him. If ShoJo had, then the ref would have called a flagrant foul. <_< mad.gif

Yes that was a very bad call, I was furious when they called that and even if there were people under him he didnt hang on the rim for that long. The refs were horrible this game they had to many bad calls. all the NCAA refs need to go through intensive traning(i know they do already) but like, eye and hearing checks will be very helpful. One of the refs we had last night blew his whistle 5 or 6 times im guessing he didnt hear himself blow it the first 4 times.

Anytime you see that the ref with the caesar cut is doing the game you know you are in for a wild ride. He has to be the most inconsistent ref I have ever seen call a game. You get mauled and no call, then he whistles you for a touch foul 5 minutes later. Makes no sense. By the way, was I the only one that thought Bambi for FIU was more than a little "touched in the head" shall we say? cool.gif