La Tech QB arrested for DWI

8 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

The winning at all cost model is running rampant in college athletics. 

What is the difference in "will not play the first game" and "suspended for the first game?"  We would have done the same, in fact, are we not doing the same with Smiley?  

Edited by UNTLifer

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

What is the difference in "will not play the first game" and "suspended for the first game?"  We would have done the same, in fact, are we not doing the same with Smiley?  

No difference.  Holtz parsing words.  Or...

...if it is apparent La Tech can't move against the Hogs, he may throw the kid in there.  Although, I'm not sure what all the fuss is.  The kids wasn't great as a freshman, had the coaches looking for transfers instead of relying on what he had for his sophomore and junior seasons.  And, now this. 

The kid doesn't seem to be squared away enough mentally to be a leader like a starting QB has to be.  We've seen plenty like him the past two seasons here.  Glad it's happening to an opponent this year and not us.

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

There is not much difference. Still does not OK it how be it North Texas or La Tech. Athletes continuously find themselves in trouble bc there is typically minimal consequence or no consequence. If I knew I would keep getting warnings over and over again for going 90 on i35 then I would just keep going 90 on 35. This isn't a UNT or La Tech problem, it's a college athletics problem. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1