Mean Green Cross Country fundraiser update

UNT15

Update: total raised - $3,586 (July 13th)

Great job Mean Green nation! Only a few hundred dollars left, and we'll be able to send Coach Slekis and our distance runners on a much needed training trip.

These athletes do a great job representing our university and can hopefully nab a conference championship in the near future. Proud to be associated with folks like you who can make this happen

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, UNT15 said:

Update: total raised - $3,586 (July 13th)

Great job Mean Green nation! Only a few hundred dollars left, and we'll be able to send Coach Slekis and our distance runners on a much needed training trip.

These athletes do a great job representing our university and can hopefully nab a conference championship in the near future. Proud to be associated with folks like you who can make this happen

A link to contribute to would be helpful. Thanks for the post! 

• 4 weeks later...

My timelines were all messed up....with football practice starting this week and soccer last week, I thought CC would be up and going as well. Anyway, I emailed coach for an update on the fundraiser and she got back with me FAST! Come out for the community run if you can. Women's and Men's Cross Country competes before the run so you will see one of our best teams compete also.

GMG

I edited and quoted from her response below. Good luck, Mean Green Cross Country and thanks Coach Slekis. 

Her email enthusiastically thanked those who donated to the training camp fundraiser. They met their $4000 goal and hare heading to Arkansas mid-August.

An update in meangreensports.com should be up soon.

"I am so grateful for all the support our fundraising campaign received. We had incredible alumni and other supporters give to make this trip a reality for our student-athletes. This team training camp is going to not only have a great impact on both our team's 2016 seasons, but will also make a huge impact on our student-athletes' experience that will last through this season, the year, and even after they compete their final season at North Texas."

All who donated $125 or more will get an email soon requesting T-shirt size and orders will be placed with the shirts for the upcoming community run on September 17. Instructions on when donors can pick the shirts up will (or have them mailed) will follow, when the shirts are ready.

"Thank you again for your e-mail, donation, and continued support of our program. Please let me know if there is anything else I can get back to you on for the upcoming cross country season."

Go Mean Green!

Stefanie

Stefanie Jean Slekis

University of North Texas

Cross Country and Track & Field

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 2