Future Schedules: Texas A&M

meanJewGreen

The new setup allows for more conference autonomy, but I don't know that the conferences will be able to dictate postseason in that way.

Sh*t, if the Criminal 5 can do whatever they want, why can't the rest? I swear, this beaten dog act by the unchosen schools and conferences is getting old.

The credibility of the NCAA is at zero, if that. Our conference and the rest need to quit cowing to them.

But, just look at the p*ssies that run the conferences we've been in, though. Banowsky may be the worst of the them all, having almost the entire C-USA leave then replacing it with most of the old Sun Belt and a few start ups.

Sickening.

You have to understand something, the Criminal 5 are like politicians - they like to make rules, but not apply them to themselves. Our conferences sit around like dutiful citizens, following the rules, and - for the umpteenth time - where has it gotten us? Nothing but kicked in the nuts.

When are these fags who run the C-USA, Sun Belt, MAC, MWC, or other remaining conferences going to stand up for their institutions? I say, never. They're going to be content with whatever crumbs are thrown to them.

So, go out to Apogee Thursday night and cheer the Mean Green on to victory! Yeah!

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Downvote 1

Sh*t, if the Criminal 5 can do whatever they want, why can't the rest? I swear, this beaten dog act by the unchosen schools and conferences is getting old.

What would you propose? The only way to set a playoff for the G5 conferences would be to leave the NCAA. That would not be a very wise decision.

The credibility of the NCAA is at zero, if that. Our conference and the rest need to quit cowing to them.

Last I heard, they still have the power appointed to them and they are certainly not afraid to apply it to schools like ours. So again, what would it accomplish to go rouge?

But, just look at the p*ssies that run the conferences we've been in, though. Banowsky may be the worst of the them all, having almost the entire C-USA leave then replacing it with most of the old Sun Belt and a few start ups.

So what should Banowsky have done? Let CUSA die as the WAC did? Maybe he should have not added so many, but he did what he had to.

You have to understand something, the Criminal 5 are like politicians - they like to make rules, but not apply them to themselves. Our conferences sit around like dutiful citizens, following the rules, and - for the umpteenth time - where has it gotten us? Nothing but kicked in the nuts.

Again, not sure what you would have us do. Are you advocating that we begin to cheat as much as possible and when we get caught use the "they did it first" defense? That would be on the highest order of stupid since we already know that the NCAA would come down on us with every tool at their disposal. Best to maintain the high road so we can keep our heads.

When are these fags who run the C-USA, Sun Belt, MAC, MWC, or other remaining conferences going to stand up for their institutions? I say, never. They're going to be content with whatever crumbs are thrown to them.

Glad to see that you believe in the art of debate and not resort to name calling. Always best to make logical and reasoned debates.

• Upvote 1

It's not an "us" thing. "We" should not have to do anything alone. The Criminal 5 got together in 1992 beginning with the Bowl Coalition and began hijacking the process.

From then forward, the other conferences have done nothing but chase and beg. If the Criminal 5 can get together and say, "We're going to have this set of rules AND be in the NCAA" why can the other conferences not do the same? The precedent has already been set.

What do you think would be the legal reasoning the NCAA could possibly use to say, "We allowed this set of institutions to make their own rules, but you can't."

Now, what I expected from a Banowsky was to have a backbone. He was picked clean of his best football and basketball schools. He reacted by inviting everyone and their dog.

In 2005, less than three years into his C-USA tenure, the most coveted basketball schools bolted out from under him for the Big East - Cincinnati, DePaul, Louisville, Marquette, and Saint Louis. The decent football programs began their exodus with TCU in 2005; then, in 2013, Central Florida, East Carolina, and Houston. Tulsa followed in 2014.

The replacing, I don't have to tell you was ridiculous - parts of the disintegrated WAC and Sun Belt. There was never any reason to ask the Florida Sun Belters, Middle Tennessee, and Western Kentucky. Never. Then, to add Charlotte and Old Dominion?

C-USA would have been fine without all of them, even with the departures. In fact, what little money that is siphoned out of the bowl set up wouldn't be split up so much had he not panicked.

C-USA, minus the schools that fleeced Banowsky and left, should be only:

Southern Miss

UAB

Marshall

Rice

UTEP

Louisiana Tech

North Texas

UTSA

My bet is that without panicking and adding all of the spare WAC and Sun Belt schools he could find, SMU and/or Tulsa might have stayed. Although, Tulsa had long been looking for an out.

An 8-10 team conference would have been fine and viable. And, such a conference set up would have given us more than three OOC games per year; thus, more opportunities for home games in September at Apogee.

As of now, the only thing the C-USA has to offer is current bowl contracts...which will someday expire. And, I expect that once they do, many will not be renewed with the C-USA.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Would it be crazy to try and schedule a team like Boise? Granted, they're tricky as hell and we'd have to play a game or two on their blue turf but that's a sexy match-up that would get us some notoriety if we took them down. Plus, we'd have a high-powered offense challenging our stout defense. I think that would be a lot of fun, but maybe I'm wrong.

I mean, I'm kind of thinking that a great idea would be to start aiming for some of the upper-G5 teams in the event that the P5 becomes untouchable.