Notre Dame's new field-turf Design incorporates ND

3XL

thought this was a short but interesting branding article...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24623573/photo-notre-dames-new-fieldturf-design

Notre Dame, which is similar in name to North Texas, has decided to switch from grass to "field-turf" in the 2014 season.

"The interlocking ND is the most recognized symbol of our University and its athletics programs, and we wanted to communicate that to our fans and all those viewing our home games on NBC," said Notre Dame athletic director...

I have personally watched a game "live at South Bend" and am disappointed that ND is moving to field-turf...they are one of the few storied programs in college football that should be playing on real grass. I am sure that there are many reasons why they switched...speed...maintenance...water...cost...coach...etc

The first game with their new field-turf and the interlocked ND on the fifty is August 30th vs C-USA's Rice Owls

Expand the Brand

#BeatTexas2014

3XL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Notre Dame is similar in name to North Texas? Nice reach.

Love our eagle.

not really...many refer to the University of North Texas as simply "North Texas" similar to "Notre Dame" or "North Carolina" ...I personally never say U.N.T.....where as many will say T.C.U. or S.M.U.

a bigger reach would be if I said our academics or football traditition are similar to Norte Dame...

agree...love our eagle, our unique nick name "mean green" , North Texas and love the letterman NT....

N & T are two of the most constant initials associated with our school and its assorted school names over its 100 year history. I say use them all...why not...they are all unique tools "in a branding tool bag" that would be used for specific jobs....that's all.

why not have wider assortment of marks or "tools" to help brand our beloved university...

Expand the Brand

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1