'15 QB Payton Craig (Oologah, OK)

Harry

FATHER-SON COMBINATION LOOKING TO GET OOLOGAH OVER THE HUMP

Oologah has finished second in the district for three straight years, and coach Brandon Craig and his son look to get over that hurdle after having a busy summer.

Senior Payton Craig enters his third season running his father’s offense following a year in which he found success as a dual-threat quarterback. He totaled 1,939 yards and 21 touchdowns in 2013.

While the summer has been focused on improving and the Mustangs building toward a district title, the past few months have been a busy one for the Craig father and son. Brandon and Payton drove around the country making many college visits, including to SMU, North Texas, Louisiana-Monroe, Missouri State and Air Force, Brandon said.

“We’ve had a lot of road time together,” Brandon said. “It’s a process we’re going through. Sometimes it’s nice; sometimes it’s brutal. You get told some things you don’t want to hear, but it’s a good process to be going through.”

Read more: http://newsok.com/district-4a-3-football-preview-wagoners-roman-rodriguez-k.j.-lee-hope-to-fill-void-at-running-back/article/5129891

I am a big fan of this kid. I know that the QB position is pretty crowded with young talent but I think if we could pull this kid in, he might be able to fight his way up the depth chart. He's got a big arm, super athletic and runs with a solid base. I don't know what the competition is like in Oklahoma or his district so I hope he is as good as he looks. Would love to see this kid switch from Blue to Green.

• Upvote 1