Just bought my tickets for the Texas game - Question

Hello All,

I'm giddy as I just bought my tickets for the game in Austin. I am taking a couple of customers. One of whom is a HUGE UT homer and the other actually went to NT.

I bought seats in a section called the "chairbacks club" or some such. I did so because it has a full bar, restaurant and patio. Is anyone familiar with this section? If so will it be poor form for me to go there in North Texas gear? It doesn't really matter because I am going to do it regardless, but just curious. I figure it's not a big deal because it isn't like I'm an OU fan in that section. I could see that causing problems.

Thoughts?

Patrick

Wear your gear. Shouldn't be an issue at that level, and any flak you get will be good natured, or it's bad manners. That section has similar amenities as the club seats at Apogee, except the view isn't as good at DKR due to location. Great view of Godzillatron.

Wear your gear or else the only people you will have a problem with are those among Mean Green Nation. UT fans don't view us as on the same level as them. They are looking at this game as the regular run-of-the-mill 52-0 cupcake game to start the season. If they give you any crap, then they just make themselves look like idiots and very poor sports. Also, any trash talk you do receive can be responded to with a smile and a "Go Mean Green".

Do you really not want to be sporting your Mean Green apparel when the game ends and the Mean Green are victorious!? No matter the result, keep it classy. I'm sure you will since you are taking customers, but for anyone else who may be reading, let's go represent the Mean Green the best we can and let their play on the field do the talking for us.

• Upvote 1

You're a NT alum/fan and you have to ask this question?............. :o.............. B)

My friend, I see this as a golden opportunity to (in the words of Crosby-Stills-Nash & Young) "let your freak flag fly"!!!!

And I agree with the posters above. This level of Whorn fan is not going to hassle you......just needle you. The "in-your-face-blithering idiot-whorn fans" are the t-shirt fans sitting in the end-zone who never attended Texas.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the feedback. And for sure it was NEVER a question if I am going to wear NT gear. That is a given. My one customer that did go to NT said he wasn't going to wear it, but I believe I have since convinced him.

My UT fan customer predicted the score as

UT 62

NT Negative 7

I thought that was a bit of a giggle, but boy oh boy will he be shocked when we come out of there with a win.

• 2 weeks later...