Thought This Was a Quiet Period

UNTLifer

Coaches cannot call a recruit during the dead period. They cannot text a recruit during this period.

They can contact them on social media. You can send letters. You can contact a coach or parent.

A recruit can call a coach anytime. If the coach does not answer, he cannot return the call during the dead period. Before the dead period, you are allowed one call per week where you initiate a call and the recruit answers.

Some Coaches set up certain times they want recruits to call. Like, call me every Wednesday at 7pm.

Some schools do not follow the rules though.

• Upvote 1

Coaches cannot call a recruit during the dead period. They cannot text a recruit during this period.

They can contact them on social media. You can send letters. You can contact a coach or parent.

A recruit can call a coach anytime. If the coach does not answer, he cannot return the call during the dead period. Before the dead period, you are allowed one call per week where you initiate a call and the recruit answers.

Some Coaches set up certain times they want recruits to call. Like, call me every Wednesday at 7pm.

Some schools do not follow the rules though.

You're thinking about the old regs. They changed them about a year ago. Texts and phone calls are now kosher during a dead period. It's only face-to-face contact that's banned now.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8859982/new-ncaa-recruiting-bylaw-inundate-recruits-calls-text-messages

You're thinking about the old regs. They changed them about a year ago. Texts and phone calls are now kosher during a dead period. It's only face-to-face contact that's banned now.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8859982/new-ncaa-recruiting-bylaw-inundate-recruits-calls-text-messages

This was a proposal. I heard about this from a UNT coach, but it was only on the table. He was hoping it didnt go through.

I dont see where it passed.

Edited by GOMG2013

This was a proposal. I heard about this from a UNT coach, but it was only on the table. He was hoping it didnt go through.

I dont see where it passed.

I just did a quick search, but found this: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9904364/ncaa-adopts-five-new-football-recruiting-rules

It doesn't say it explicitly, but I assume "Establishing an extended dead period when no in-person recruiting can take place in December and January" allows texts and phone calls as was proposed.

• Upvote 1