Mediocrity wheel

BillySee58

Hey guys, I know there has been a lot of overreaction and people's two cents but I just wanted to give mine too.

Yup, definitely a team loss. Kicking game is mess, shows why we're spending a scholarship on a kicker this recruiting class. It seems we got ran on a little too much considering we were facing a lot of backup o-lineman, and of course some boneheaded plays.

Here's the deal on DT though, in my opinion. He does just enough to keep the job but not enough to take us where we want.

::: Everyone was stoked about the Idaho performance but the truth is the Ohio coaches didn't see the film and say "Oh man, this Thompson kid is a world-beater. Forget stopping the run, we need to run nickel all game and stop this air-raid passing attack."

Go back and watch the Idaho game. Was there one pass that you think an average qb shouldn't or wouldn't make? Sure, the side step and deep ball to chancellor was sweet, but it wouldn't take an above average qb to make that play IMO.

I think maybe the pass to Terrell over the middle was an above-average pass, but other than that it was a bunch of well protected short curls, slants, and wide receiver jet outs against what has to be one of the worst secondaries and defenses in the country.

Finally, as Harry said yesterday, Thompson still poses no running threat. Even if DW or BB turned out to be our answer at qb, they wouldn't be on every game. However, they would pose a running threat whether they were throwing the ball or not. A few times they rushed 4 and dropped 7. They got a "coverage" sack and forced DT to scramble a few times where he couldn't do anything. You have to wonder how DW or BB would've looked scrambling on those plays.

We still have a chance at a bowl, but next week is a must win if there ever is one this early in the season.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

Exactly Billy. There was one scramble that DT he where he had all types of room to run and took off only to get caught from behind by a Dlinemen, resulting in a .0003 yd gain. I just find it hard to believe that the options that BB or DJW would bring to this offense wouldn't outweigh an thowing errors. I can't imagine that they are that much worse than DT chucking the ball

Exactly Billy. There was one scramble that DT he where he had all types of room to run and took off only to get caught from behind by a Dlinemen, resulting in a .0003 yd gain. I just find it hard to believe that the options that BB or DJW would bring to this offense wouldn't outweigh an thowing errors. I can't imagine that they are that much worse than DT chucking the ball

That's why I'm so disappointed. I think if BB or DW had played that whole game against Idaho their numbers would've looked gaudy, much like DT's.

We can't let teams stack the box like this all year again. We also can't have a qb who the coaches don't trust all season.