Dave Campbell's Texas Power Poll

DeepGreen

ACTUALLY I'm an alumnus. (Class of 2008 mind you). Second, that rant you just went on was what I expect from my 11 year old brother and you're what? 42? 43? Get it together man.

Your 2008 graduation explains much with your posts over here.

This below from another thread with a few additional comments about your TCU; albeit a year or 2 dated thoughts from the internet it still indicates problems at the turnstiles for even Top 10 ranked TCU football teams and come on now..............what are your true underlying fears and insecurities about North Texas which can easily be seen between the lines of your posts? Is it that UNT's Metroplex constituency,ie, enormous enrollment, home city and county population base, DFW alumnus numbers, etc, etc, etc, are about 10 X's larger than TCU's?

And you tell your Coach Patt' his pipe dream for TCU being "the Metroplex college football team" will not be possible because of a large state of Texas public university like North Texas (and even SMU) and that is no matter what conference your school is presently a member (with the Big 12's "present" membership hardly set in stone)....Casepoint: Texas A & M who left the Big 12 for what is turning out to be a successful run in the SEC--you don't think DeLoss Dodd's and OU's AD are noticing that-----think again.

And below in bold letters are a few internet notes about TCU's attendance even during your team's winning years. You obviously were not around ACS during the Frog's decade and a half of losing years (as I was) to see how losing teams affected TCU's attendance.

One of major criticisms regarding TCU during the last several years has been that TCU, in spite of its great success of the football field and its location in a top-10 market, has failed to attract a large home crowd.

(I say: It's amazing how long it takes some area school's fans to discover they have something very special with their football team and then later in a season to finally start showing up on Game Day. Slow starts, early money game disappointments and lets face some facts here, not our best football teams in our 100 year history at North Texas have hurt our attendance building momentum--even during our bowl years last decade. In DFW, its best to have a good season start (with early wins) to have good season long turnstile numbers).

In 2005, in spite of its top-10 finish and 11-1 season, TCU only averaged 31,254 at home. (I say: Apogee Stadium would have had a large enough capacity for that Frog football team).

Again, in 2008, TCU finished at No. 7 in the polls and averaged just 30,389 (I say once again: Apogee Stadium would have been large enough for that TCU team).

From 2005 to 2008, TCU averaged just 30,897 fans. (I say: I think North Texas with a string of winning seasons will reach those kind of numbers with our constituency of close to 37,000 students, approx. 700,000 pop. in Denton County and over 200,000 NT Exes living in the Metroplex; in fact, past losing seasons will create doubting Thomases from our own but it should still be a piece of cake for UNT to get such numbers once the win cycle begins again and................ with most of those in attendance at Apogee Stadium still being our own fans since (as is always the case in our athletic history) we will not be seeing many UT or OU travelling fans at Apogee to seal the deal on easy sellouts). IMO, our AD still needs to schedule the Texas Longhorns in Denton if possible to show all our DFW area Froggie fans and supporters just how easy it is to sell out Apogee. Who knows maybe a winning football program at the DFW Metroplex's largest university will make "OUR" school "The Metroplex's College Football Team." Even with TCU in the Big 12, it is still a private school affiliated with a small membership Disciples of Christ denomination.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guys, just ignore the TCU troll. He's got it good right now--probably as good as it can get over there in FW. Hell, I'm jealous that he has seen his team win a Rose Bowl. I'm jealous that he gets to see actual teams that Texans care about as home opponents. But to entertain this idiot in any banter is nothing more than yelling at a wall. No one with a sense of class or sense at all of a true TCU experience would ever come over to a UNT site to engage in trash talking. If anything, ponyfans.com is where a douchebag like this should post his innane diatribes. After all, that's their rival, right? I mean they won't play us because they already play SMU, so why even bother over here? It doesn't add up.

Literally, a TCU fan coming over here to smack talk us right now is basically the equivalent of having a homeless man win the lottery and then go back to the shelter to run down all of the other homeless people. They've sucked, too, for some long stretches. Other than 1984 and the best team TCU ever bought, leading to probation, they were losers for pretty much all of the 70s and 80s. They hired Coach Fran who knew how to use LaDainian Tomlinson and parlayed it into the Alabama gig, thus promoting their "lotto ticket" in Gary Patterson. He's a great coach, no doubt, and they have lots of cash around there to keep him in FW for a long time. But we haven't done anything to warrant anyone from their little school coming over here to trash talk us. We don't play them, they don't want to be aligned with us in any way, nor do they have anything in common with our school. If we did, then it would make sense to engage this dope. Otherwise, just we all do with GL2Greatness, just ignore her. They are going to get "froggystyled" when the Big XII falls apart and Texas can figure out a way to ditch them and Baylor. Then they'll be right back to square one again.