Brock Berglund will enroll at Scottsdale Community College

Harry

Brock Berglund, the former Valor Christian quarterback who left the University of Kansas under strenuous circumstances in January, will continue his football career at the junior college level.

Berglund will enroll at Scottsdale Community College in Arizona, he said Wednesday.

"It's one of those things you look at optimistically, but it's frustrating," Berglund said. "It's hard, but it's exciting that I get to play football, at the same time."

The quarterback had been looking for a landing spot since Kansas dismissed him from the team on Jan. 16, specifically eyeing a Pac-12 transfer. But an error in his class schedule at KU, discovered two weeks ago, left him

Berglund. (Denver Post file photo)

two credits short of an NCAA requirement, and made Berglund academically ineligible — something of a no man's land for a potential transfer.

"(Kansas) didn't look at one of the rules, and I had no control over my schedule the entire time," said Berglund, who had a 3.49 GPA at KU. "They brought this to our attention after we'd already gotten the release. It's been one of those things where it's frustrating and irritating and just a long process."

Kansas didn't immediately return messages requesting comment.

Were Berglund to transfer to a Division I school, he wouldn't be eligible to receive a scholarship for a full calendar year or play in the fall because of academic ineligibility.

The year Berglund spent at Kansas acted, in essence, as a redshirt season, so he now has four years left to play four seasons of college football.

Berglund will play immediately at Scottsdale Community College, and likely start. Scottdale went 7-4 last season. Cody Sokol, the Fighting Artichokes' starting quarterback, committed to Iowa after his sophomore season.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_20796809/brock-berglund-will-enroll-at-scottsdale-community-college