Tony Mitchell's HS Coach Nick Smith Interview

Harry

As Tony Mitchell day draws closer, we wanted to provide the Mean Green fans with some insight on Tony as a player and person. Evan and I had a chance to visit with Tony Mitchell's high school coach Nick Smith at Pinkston High School in Dallas. Coach Smith provides us in-depth look at how Tony made it to North Texas as well as his arrival on the scene as a young student athlete at Pinkston High.

Whether you are a basketball fan or not, this is an interesting interview and gives you a better understanding of how one talented player, a good coach and a little luck can change the face of a high school basketball program. It also gives you a birds eye view of Tony Mitchell the player from Nick Smith who coached him at Pinkston.

Evan and I want to thank a number of people for this interview. First many thanks to Coach Nick Smith who graciously invited us into his school and willingly shared his thoughts about Tony and the Dallas Pinkston program. Coach Smith is a great guy and very knowledgable about basketball and recruiting. He would be an asset to any college basketball program as both a coach and recruiter. We would also like to thank Pinkston Principal Norma Villegas who welcomed us with open arms. Principal Villegas has done some really nice things at this school and we were impressed with her. Also a shout out to Associate Principal Derrick Spurlock who is a proud North Texas Alum. GMG!

CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK TO MP3 AUDIO FILE

Click here to view the article

Great podcast, Harry. Enjoyed listening to it. I'd love to have Coach Smith on the Mean Green staff one day.

Thanks for the kind words and I agree, if we ever have an assistant position open up would love to see Coach Smith. He has a genuine passion for coaching and it shows. GMG!